what the hell is on my head?

Guest MR BOJANGLES

Guest MR BOJANGLES

i was starting to let my hair grow out kinda bushy for the last month or so, but today i got sick of looking at it and busted out the clippers. as i hit the back of my head up with the fade i noticed my fuckin scalp is covered in some red blotchy rash?!?!?!? fuck. i think its ringworm...any clue? good thing i cut my hair though, i wouldve never knew it was there. it doesnt itch or anything.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that's why i get a fade every 2 weeks. ... but like you... i once waited a month and a half to get a cut ...and got a rash ....on the back of my neck...so it might be that you waited too long.:cool:

here you go a little info from DR. T

this might be it if it looks like the picture but n the scalp... plus there are several different types.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/2505.jpg'>

Psoriasis is a persistent skin disease that got its name from the Greek word for "itch." The skin becomes inflamed, producing red, thickened areas with silvery scales, most often on the scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back.

In some cases, psoriasis is so mild that people don't know they have it. At the opposite extreme, severe psoriasis may cover large areas of the body. Doctors can help even the most severe cases.

Psoriasis cannot be passed from one person to another, though it is more likely to occur in people whose family members have it. In the United States two out of every hundred people have psoriasis (four to five million people). Approximately 150,000 new cases occur each year.

What Causes Psoriasis?

The cause is unknown. However, recent discoveries point to an abnormality in the functioning of key white cells in the blood stream triggering inflammation in the skin. Because of the inflammation, the skin sheds too rapidly, every three to four days.

People often notice new spots 10 to 14 days after the skin is cut, scratched, rubbed, or severely sunburned. Psoriasis can also be activated by infections, such as strep throat, and by certain medicines. Flare-ups sometimes occur in the winter, as a result of dry skin and lack of sunlight.

Types of Psoriasis

Psoriasis comes in many forms. Each differs in severity, duration, location, and in the shape and pattern of the scales. The most common form begins with little red bumps. Gradually these grow larger and scales form. While the top scales flake off easily and often, scales below the surface stick together. When they are removed, the tender, exposed skin bleeds. These small red areas then grow, sometimes becoming quite large.

Elbows, knees, groin and genitals, arms, legs, palms and soles, scalp and face, body folds and nails are the areas most commonly affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body.

Nails with psoriasis have tiny pits on them. Nails may loosen, thicken or crumble and are difficult to treat.

Guest platapie

better go to the doctors or somthin. not really to cool fo a thing to be strolling around with.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

update:

well...i went and bought some anti-fungal creme. (actually, i had iris do it.) i hate how they look at you in the store when you buy shit like that. so ill keep you guys up to date on the status of the skull of bojangles.

bojangles.. you were supposed to grow your hair out to my length. im very saddend by your decision to chop it off. i summond the demon rash once you picked up the clippers. this demon hell rash will remain til your hair is 5 inches in length no less. other than that, agt. adopus kisses dogs, or so i was told.

------------

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/yup1/fhtw.jpg'>

Archived