what the hell is going on!?

SDO

alright goddamnit, heres a question for all you people who live in remotely big cities...have they changed the fed-ex priority stickers where you live!?!? Cuz where i am, a big city ;) , they have changed the priority stickers to these small ass pure blue pieces of shit and that pisses me off. I think it is some type of precaution of anti-graffiti because around my way, if you dont rack shit, you dont get shit...this is because you have to be 25 to buy art supplies...another form of anti-graffiti. Goddamned cities....well, any input is appreciated...thanks...peace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

youve got to be 25 to buy art supplies? um, not only is that unconstitutional, but its illegal, and thus i have a hard time beliving it to be true. what city do you live in? cause i know that new york, chicago, san fran and la dont have any such laws, and if anyone would, it would be them....

Yo, the dude is telling the truth. I lived in that same city not long ago for about a year and in the art stores all the markers (pilots, magnums, etc.) are behind counters and you have to be 25, yes 25 to buy any of them. Same goes for spray paint, which is also all in cages. Even at home depot you have to be 25, although its pretty easy to just rack the shit. And all the etch cream has been moved into the back. That stuff you have to enquire about, i dont even know where theyre hiding that shit now.

Guest richard kyel

twenty fives a bit old man you could be married and have kids and not be able to get a marker??? i dont think so. maybe its 18 and thats only spray paint and markers not all art supplies. im sure you can find a way around it. to need to be 25 to buy a marker is just fuckt. i think you might be over (shit i cant remember how to spell that word) exagerating

no exageration fellas, you DO have to be 25 and the city is in Philly...so if you dont believe me, go to the city and find out for yourself...but anyways, i will find a way around it...and its called Walmart....=)

Are you sure? Out here in Los Angeles you have to be 18, because at 18 you are an adult. Perhaps they have a sticker or sign that say's "If you APPEAR to be under 25, we will card you" I know they got that thing for tabacco. I mailed out some packages USPS Priority Mail this week and used those stickers. I don't see the logic in that 25 and older thing. I mean instead of buying a broad tipped marker you'll just go get a bottle of Johnny Red and get drunk and go do some stupid shit but you can't buy the marker.

I remember that in the window of the Pearl art and craft on south street there was a sign that said minors couldnt ENTER the store with out an adult..or maybe it was 21..something like that.

It's not like I gave a shit..i was a freakin employe of Pearl in Maryland....

Yeah, i wasnt sure if i should say anything, but i guess the spot's been blown. In Philly, especially all the art stores on and around south street you must be 25 to purchase the larger pilots, magnums and the like, as well as any type of spray paint. But where there's a will there's a way.

25+....i believe it...there's so much fucked up stuff in this world. People 'll do anything, but that doesn't mean its legal...the city of Philly can fight graff all they want, but they have to do it within the means of the constitution (we're the ones that do the illegal shit)... that 25+ bullshit could probably be beat pretty easy in court by a few determined philly writers. next time question them... ask them if thats store policy, city policy or what...find out where that gay ass little rule came from.

sorry, i didnt mean fed-ex....but fed ex is a delivery service...they are the ones who probably deliver your caps to your house or where ever they go to...that is what fed-ex is....but seriously though, Phlly cats...we need to do something about this fuckin bullshit of a anti-graffiti law. If anybody out there knows of something that we can do to change this law...something other than a fuckin petition...let me know either on this post or my email...and since the server wont let you email other domes....heres mine...tcardinal@innernet.net...thanks for your support all...Peace!

Here is the city code regarding this issue. If you will notice it is 18 years old. It is possible that they are using the "If you look 25 or under we will card" or the stores are setting their own rules. Technically, a store reserves the right to do business with you. If you look under 25 they can refuse.

§9-618. Sale of Spray Paint Containers and Indelible Markers.[Note 518]

(1) Definitions:

(a) Indelible marker. Any felt tip marker, china marker or similar device that is not water soluble and which has a flat or angled writing surface one-half inch or greater.

(B) Minor. Any person under the age of eighteen (18) years.

© Person. Any retail establishment.

(2) License.[Note 519]

(a) No person shall sell or offer for sale, transfer or offer for transfer any spray paint container or indelible marker unless that person has obtained a license from the Department of Licenses and Inspections.

(B) Application for such license shall be made on forms provided by the Department of Licenses and Inspections.

© The fee for such license is fifty (50) dollars.

(3) Prohibited Conduct:[Note 520]

(a) No person shall sell or offer for sale, transfer or offer to transfer any spray paint container or indelible marker unless such spray paint container or indelible marker is held for sale or transfer in an enclosed device which is constructed to prevent removal of the merchandise except by authorized attendants or is stored, out of sight, in such a way as to prevent free access to the merchandise by the public.

(B) No person shall sell or otherwise transfer any spray paint container or indelible marker to a minor, unless said minor is accompanied by parent or legal guardian at time of purchase or transfer.

© No minor shall, at the time of purchase of items specified in Section 9-618(2)(B), knowingly furnish fraudulent evidence of majority including, but not limited to, a motor vehicle operator's license, a registration certificate issued under the Federal Selective Service Act, an identification card issued to a member of the Armed Forces, or any document issued by a federal, state, county or municipal government.

(4) Enforcement.[Note 521] The Department of Licenses and Inspections shall enforce the provisions of this Section.

(5) Penalties.[Note 522]

(a) Any person who violates the provisions of Section 9-618(3)(B) or any minor who violates the provisions of Section 9-618(3)© shall be subject to a fine or penalty not less than fifty (50) dollars nor more than three hundred (300) dollars and/or imprisonment not exceeding ninety (90) days.

(B) In addition to the penalties outlined in Section 9-105, the Department of Licenses and Inspections may revoke the license.

In addition, the Department may confiscate the entire inventory of spray paint containers and indelible markers from a business for a second or repeated violation of this section or for failure to obtain the license required in Section 9-618(2). The business proprietor may reclaim the spray paint containers and indelible markers upon payment of a two hundred (200) dollar confiscation fee.

ok, listen here...i live right around phily, in a surrounding town, and its not "if you look under 25 we will card..." its "if your NOT 25, then you cant get SHIT! And thats it...final...and if you still dont wanna believe me or any other member of this message board who says the same thing, then go to Philly and find out for your self...you will see that you have to be 25. Peace

Chill SDO, I was just trying to help. Apparently you guys are getting jacked, because the above is the ordinance for Philly. It was taken from the city website this morning. It clearly states 18. If you would like to talk to your city council or your local business association and ask them why they have raised that age, and if they have a legal basis for doing so. If you don't, don't.

hahahaah philly sucks

in SF its different every where....i kno stores that wont even sell you a silver marker unless ur 18...and in others u can buy anything. but its so FUCKIN EASY to get that shit....u pay adults, older brothers...DUH!! fuckin tards...my friends parents not only let him tag...they buy him paint and TELL him to tag...and sometimes they will buy me some cans and i will pay them back.

Guest kasmoney

WHERE IN PHILLY IS THIS SHIT HAPPENING..CUS I BUY SHIT ..CUS STEALIN WOULD VIOLATE MY PROBATION...HIT UP PEP BOYS, THEY GOT THE ILL SUPPLIES!

Archived