what the fuck is hip hop???

Guest angry xbox

Guest angry xbox

Im so goddamn fucking sick of MTV. I mean they think they know what hiphop really is. Fuck them they know nothing. They consider biggies fat ass and tupacs arrogant ass as hiphop. NIGGA PLEASE!!!!!! They were not hiphop they were RAP RAP RAP they made scrilla and wanted more and flossed they wwere nothing close to living a lifestyl remotley related to hip hop

FUCK MTV and IF you think the same As MTV you need to quit graff right now and learn culture history...

bye

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by angry xbox

IF you think the same As MTV you need to quit graff right now and learn culture history...

uhhh...

oh nevermind.

not worth the time.

Guest angry xbox

cmon take it seriously

MTV is seriously outta control man

all these kids now run around thinking that hiphop and graff arent the same and that bboyin is also not hiphop

i mean i myself am appauled at this

and no tupac was not hiphop at all

i mean that cat was all about getting famous and just cause his mommy was a panther and he CLAIMED to concentrate on social issues doesnt make him hiphop.

he was just pop yo just pop.

Guest angry xbox

hey im not sayin dont listen to this cat im just saying quit promoting what isnt real mayne. He got whacked plain and simple and that my friends does not portray the postive message of what culture is about. EXPRESSION isnt homicidal related, thats bullshit.

Guest FACE WON

cmon take it seriously

MTV is seriously outta control man

all these kids now run around thinking that hiphop and graff arent the same and that bboyin is also not hiphop

i mean i myself am appauled at this

and no tupac was not hiphop at all

i mean that cat was all about getting famous and just cause his mommy was a panther and he CLAIMED to concentrate on social issues doesnt make him hiphop.

he was just pop yo just pop.

TO MOST BLACKS AND BLACK WANNABES HE IS GOD??????A FAKE PROPHET WHO WAS A LIVING CONTRADICTION....ITS FUNNY HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN BE FOOLED, HE WAS LIKE A BLACK KORESH BUT ON A BIGGER SCALE...I FOR ONE AM GLAD THAT BIGGIE HAD HIM SHOT...AND TUPAC NEVER HAD IT ROUGH DONT BE FOOLED.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

[i'm pissed at] all these kids now run[ning] around thinking that hiphop and graff arent the same

Wow... he DID just say that...

Guest --zeSto--

wasn't it phaseII who said that hiphop and graf just happened to be going on at the same time and got lumped together?

It was in his book and a clip was in a graphotoism.

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Wow... he DID just say that...

hold up this is coming from you the same dude that just said if hiphop was underground all of us would not be down.

you just made a contradiction here my friend, i suggest you rethink the statement. And no Phase poop is wrong. KRSone was a writer and an emcee at the same time and guess what KRSone is mad respected by alotta people in real hiphop bitch. RECOGNIZE, CULTURE IS NO TREND!!!

Guest --zeSto--

hold up this is coming from you the same dude that just said if hiphop was underground all of us would not be down.

no... I said that.

"Phase poop is wrong" <---- do not ever talk about respecting history after writing that.

and by your logic...

Earsnot is a writer, and he's gay.

Therefore writing is part of gay culture.

bullshit.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

You quoted the wrong guy, foolio. And score one more point for jumping on the the KRS-One hip hop bandwagon. Need I remind you who the guest "emcee" on the last track of "I Got Next" was? Beer,

El Mamerro

KRS preeches too much!

graffiti is a culture all on it's own, but theres already a thread on that. and hip-hop is just music. i wasn't into tupac, but the stuff i heard that friends played was pretty dope.

i think it all goes back to wanting to be down with something 'different.' to be able to say 'what i listen to is REAL! - what you listen to is fake'...

to say - 'i listen to underground hip-hop'

to feel like you're down and other people are clueless as to what 'underground hip hop' is.

fuck it. . .

Originally posted by El Mamerro

You quoted the wrong guy, foolio. And score one more point for jumping on the the KRS-One hip hop bandwagon. Need I remind you who the guest "emcee" on the last track of "I Got Next" was? Beer,

El Mamerro

TELL HIM! TELL HIM!!!

:cough: p... :cough:

:lol:

im just wondering what you define hip hop as to be...

where is the line that biggie crossed to not be considered hip hop in your mind?

"i said... if love is pain...

then would there unconditional love if i put a hot slug in your brain?

if the streets is watchin...

why the fuck aint no polices droppin?

why all my cousins sellin the crack that my neice is coppin?

or my uncles in the beast forgotten?

yall could live through the eyes of me killa,

an we gon keep it poppin,

22 years ive shed less then 22 tears,

everyday drinkin like 22 beers,

blowin the four four, goin to war paw,

with the same niggas whose mom i used to go to the store for"

Originally posted by FACE WON

...AND TUPAC NEVER HAD IT ROUGH DONT BE FOOLED.

:lol: and for a moment you had me fooled,i thought you actually knew SOMETHING about 'Pac.Now with this i know you dont..poverty isn't rough?!homeless isn't rough?!You need to learn something about him before you start talking any shit about him.hes a fucking legend.sit down:mad:

mtv doesn't claim to know everything about hiphop...and they have done some extensive research on the genre...what they DO accomplish is pushing marketable faces and personas to fresh young teens...personas that will sell...they could care less what is music and what isn't...they're targeting impressionable people..you shouldn't even be watching that garbage in the first place...

Guest FACE WON
Originally posted by Wink ONE

:lol: and for a moment you had me fooled,i thought you actually knew SOMETHING about 'Pac.Now with this i know you dont..poverty isn't rough?!homeless isn't rough?!You need to learn something about him before you start talking any shit about him.hes a fucking legend.sit down:mad:

A LEGEND???WHAT DID VH1 CALL HIM?A THUG ANGEL????WHAT A JOKE,AND BY THE WAY IM NOT STANDING....

Guest angry xbox

look all im sayin is that biggie, biggie was in cahoots with pdiddy who is notoriously a piece of scum and who jsut JACKs JACKs JACKs and is not original one bit. I hate that guy. Hes not in for the music hes in it for the money and power and so was biggie and tupac and i say tupac to an extent. He did have somewhat of a mesage to prtray but it was blatantly trite. Anyhow I listen to music that sounds good to my ear. I SUPPORT MUSIC THAT IS REAL AT HEART. thats two different things. ill go to a show and ill promote someone who is putting out a good message and isnt try to get fame and then shit on the people who are there for the realness. look music is expression and should not be a money making business but thats what the rap industry has succumb to from its original roots of hiphop and urban culture. yeah graff is a thing on its own to an extent but it falls hand in hand with hiphop music and culture and i dont really like to say that the music is a thing on its own. the music takes two parts of hiphop culture, thats djayin and emceein. they all fall together and yeah KRSone does kinda preach too much but i think he really feels the movement of putting this as a culture not a music genre. take blues for example that was built on the hard life of just plain suffering you had to release mayne anyway im rambling .

Guest --zeSto--

People need to contribute to a 'culture' or a 'movement',

not just consume it like a leach and never give anything back.

It's terribly close minded to think that it only possible to contribute

though the '4 elements'. In fact... the people who are really down with

the ethos and mindset of "Hip Hop" aren't even listening to rap anymore.

do you agree with that xbox?

Archived