Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEND TO THOSE SMALL RAVES?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SNOBAR, Mar 17, 2004.

1. SNOBAR

SNOBAR New Jack

DO THOSE 1900 RAVES STILL EXIST???? ARE THEY STILL AROUND SOME ONE LET US KNOW??? NOT THOSE BIG CRAPPY UTOPIA.. HYPERSPEEDS AT HOMEBUSH BUT THOSE LITTLE RAVES WHERE THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND BUT WHEN YOU DO IT GOES OFFF??

2. Easy E

Easy E Member

RAVE'S ARE WACK:lol:

3. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

I just want to say that those rave pants I see kids wearing are the gayest things I've ever seen in my life. Thanks.

4. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

If this isn't a joke, than you have no idea how big the can of ridicule you just opened up for yourself is.

And I feel sorry for you.

6. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

tt: yeah i remember those, what did happen to em? do people still rave anymore?

7. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

8. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

haha are u australian ?

9. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

yeah, they do. at least down here. i don't go to them, though.

10. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

my local scene died many years ago due to law enforcement and local governement cracking down on drug sales..

the reemerging scene of late was killed by law enforcement again, with the help of the RAVE act, which prosecutes promoters for drug use/sales occuring at their [temporary or permanent] venue.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/communities/raveact/

11. synaps

synaps Senior Member

you have my city and scene to thank for the rave act ... too many kids going to the hospital. too many kids dying. i guess that's what you get when you mix the party capital of the country+ravers+drugs.

i hate ravers ... no two ways about it. but raves are a place i make money, bookings etc.
    since the godamn rave act passed ... bookings dropped by half.

edit:
    yeah ...

[​IMG]

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

hahahahahahahah....

I was expecting much worse.

13. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

I quit going to raves when I realized how many retarded 14 year olds loaded up on E and covered with vicks and pacifiers there were.

You'd better believe I'm going to DEMF this year though.

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

I was at the first one. It's like the one day that city is alive.

15. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gotta give credit to the Bay area scene in 1998-1999 though....that's when shit really peaked.
    Then too many cholos, gangsters, asian nerds on E, jocks and other assorted assholes began flooding every party...vibe just wasn't the same anymore.

Only parties I go to anymore are pacific sound day parties and related events and only because they attract an older, less spastic crowd of folks. I can't stand rubbing elbows with teenagers at a party. I wanna stab em' in the face.