what program do YOU use ...

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Herbivore@Oct 4 2005, 06:39 AM

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?t...diting&tg=dl-20

So I checked out a couple of the programs listed and I couldnt find anything that I was looking for. At least something I didnt have to buy. The programs on there were good but it wouldnt allow me to save combined tracks since it was only a trial version.

My main thing right now is trying to combine The Mars Volta album, Frances The Mute, into the original 5 tracks.

Is there any specific that anyone knows about that could help me?

Originally posted by fermentor666+Oct 4 2005, 02:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Oct 4 2005, 02:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Winamp since 1996. Coming up on ten years...sniff..sniff.....the memories.......

[/b]

Originally posted by casekonly@Oct 6 2005, 03:24 PM

winamp for now. foobar is small and reliable. lots of tweaks/options...

winamp 5.1 has surround sound capabilites...good shit....aac

<!--QuoteBegin-courtorder@Oct 6 2005, 04:00 PM

http://www.foobar2000.com

best stand-alone audio player ever.

Yep winamp is my favorite... it loads fast, I also have foobar, I like it because you can customize the colors on the window pretty easily... it seems to be just as fast as winamp too. So yeah, winamp or foobar.

Hey and people, I'm serious on this one, I've used this same skin for years now on winamp.... it's definitely a very nice one IMO and easy on the eyes.

No Error Amp

noerroramp.jpg

I have several music programs on my comp...Here's the ones I use regularly.

Nokia Suite for my 6255i MP3 Phone. Laborious, but neccessary to make those funny ringtones...and to have a little bit of music to take with me.

WMP, of course...I still use it, but I'm salty about the fact that it doesn't import from CD directly to MP3. Any advice? You can call me retarded if you know how and it's obvious, I don't care. As long as you tell me how, first.

Itunes...I'm not crazy about it, but I haven't put all my shit there yet, either- I just got it to play Quicktime files, mostly.

PolderbitS- I love this! It's the app I use for A/D conversion. Really, really simple, and it has an editing suite so you can divide tracks, clean up the sound, fade in and out of tracks, set start/stop points, titling, and re-EQ individual tracks.

It also does MP3 compression. 10 out of 10, in my book. I recommend it highly to those who have tons of tapes or LP's they want to have handy.

I also have Sonic Foundry and Reason, to write my own stuff, sometimes. I do that, now and then. Mostly then.

Now, I need to get Yousendit for uploading mixes to 12 oz. and a good DJ program to make them with...I haven't found a free one I like yet. I'm picky that way.

Originally posted by Thought Wrong+Oct 6 2005, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thought Wrong - Oct 6 2005, 10:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Herbivore@Oct 4 2005, 06:39 AM

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?t...diting&tg=dl-20

So I checked out a couple of the programs listed and I couldnt find anything that I was looking for. At least something I didnt have to buy. The programs on there were good but it wouldnt allow me to save combined tracks since it was only a trial version.

My main thing right now is trying to combine The Mars Volta album, Frances The Mute, into the original 5 tracks.

Is there any specific that anyone knows about that could help me?

[/b]

this one is free:

http://www.download.com/QuickAudio/3000-21...tml?tag=lst-0-5

i don't know if it does what you're looking for, but give it a try.

try to get your hands on Sound Forge. if you're familiar with torrents, i'm sure you could find a cracked version that way.

Originally posted by Herbivore@Oct 7 2005, 06:48 AM

this one is free:

http://www.download.com/QuickAudio/3000-21...tml?tag=lst-0-5

i don't know if it does what you're looking for, but give it a try.

try to get your hands on Sound Forge. if you're familiar with torrents, i'm sure you could find a cracked version that way.

User rating 1/6 stars.

Why bother?! As soon as I tried to open a .wav file it crashed!

09-Sep-2005 08:52:38 PM

Reviewer: Stuterus

Cons: I have some .wav files I want to edit in a basic fashion, so not much point paying for a program I will not later use. This seemed like a basic, free product that might suit my needs. However, as soon as I tried to open any of my files it crashed, again and again. So I'll keep looking for another program!

But for all of you poor bastards who are stuck using iTunes / QuickTime on a PC just to play QT files, uninstall that bullshit and try this:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickT...Alternative.htm

I've been using it for a year or so now, it keeps the apple bloat off your system and works great.

For everyone who has been recommending iTunes here, I know a lot of you are Mac users and the Mac version of iTunes is probably the best thing you've ever seen in your life just like everything else Apple releases, but here's a clue. The PC versions of QuickTime and iTunes are NOT good examples of programming, or usable products.

QuickTime continuously pops up windows asking if you want to upgrade to the pro version like a piece of spyware when you click anything remotely related to it, which is quite a bit since the damn thing tries to associate itself with .png and .jpg files if you do the default install, taking them away from useful applications like Photoshop. iTunes tries to install itself without asking sometimes, and the user interface for these products might fly on a mac with a one button mouse but that shit runs slower than a bucket of vomit on a PC.