Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What Kind Of Cell Phone Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Tuff Tone, Feb 15, 2008.

1. thickglass

thickglass New Jack

It's so fun to read it, this topic has been started almost 10 years ago, now I start to realise how fast our technology evolves

2. DyS$kysE

DyS$kysE New Jack

guerilla manifest i am about to get a tablet so that i can make calls off of it

3. DyS$kysE

DyS$kysE New Jack

also i am about to get a tablet with a keyboad

4. DyS$kysE

DyS$kysE New Jack

i just got one it is a samsung touchscreen costs 40$

5. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

So... a laptop?

Fist 666 and theprotester like this.
  6. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

1.3gb update on s7 edge now wifi connects but not internet.

Woo.

7. DyS$kysE

DyS$kysE New Jack

yeah pretty much a laptop he but at least its got a badahh camera on that things

8. SEKSE1

SEKSE1 New Jack

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

IPhone 6 w/ gray/white Otterbox Defender on IOS 11 update. Phone looks perfectly new whenever I take the case off to clean the case. It's ~2 years old now.

10. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

Still on the s7 edge. The s8 is at the store waiting for me, has been for like a month. I just don't really see why I should bother?

Its free but the hassle of getting it set up seems unnecessary.

I feel like phones have peaked.

11. johntemple

johntemple Dirty Dozen Crew

anyone bought the new iPhone yet? is it worth the upgrade from an 8?

12. Dirty_habiT

I am not sure I agree on all facets of that statement. We're currently dancing the line between what it is to be a mobile device and what it is to be carrying a tablet in your pocket. Many companies have sold people "small tablets" with cell tower connectivity. If you want the hugest cell phone you can get the ipad's that have a SIM card in them.... but it won't fit in anyone's skinny jeans.

My vision for where phones are going is the following:

* small'ish device - big enough to use to make phone calls
    * small usable display
    * simple design
    * wireless connectivity to keyboard, mouse, and video (not shitty video either, i'm talking like wireless 4k res and higher)
    * high amount of disk (1TB+)
    * high amount of RAM (32GB+)
    * high number of fast CPU cores (8+ @ 3.0Ghz)

A device like that would absolutely smash personal computers for what 95% of everyone uses them for. Think about coming into work and not even taking your phone out of your pocket, or just setting it down onto it's wireless power dock..... and having all of the connectivity and useage of a normal computer you surf on. It would even be strong enough to do gaming, 3d modeling, video editing, music composition, etc. I don't think this is just wishful thinking. As time has proceeded we've seen computers get smaller and faster over and over again.

13. Dirty_habiT

The new Iphone IS the 8.... or the X .... whichever you decide fits your needs better. I'm likely going to buy the X when it hits the market but I'm not going to be one of those mouth breathing nerds that waits in line for it at the Apple store. I'll probably wait until Pelican makes a waterproof case for it and then buy both at the same time.

14. Brutalb13

Brutalb13 New Jack

hahah, better then a government fucked up phone.

15. shaolean13

shaolean13 New Jack

i'm about to go get one today from the local walmart for free