What it be heat to the spot?

IRON HEAD

Would it be heat to the spot?

I was wondering if it would be a heat to the spot if you put tape over the limit #'s and leave the tape on with a corner peeled off so the workers can take it off. Reason why i ask if it's a heat to the spot is because they might know some one is painting there if the tape is slightly peeled off in a corner. It's nice for the flik too... even though i also like flix with the number's showing... anyhow thanx in advance

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...whatever...I always tape the numbers...don't give them a reason for stamping yer shit...just caught a great black HS that I did a while back that got destroyed, all because i went over the numbers...i will even tape an old school moniker...pitty the fool that goes over a herby or a joe...when you don't have tape why not take move over a bit and take part of the door and not the numbers...karma to the yard

i guess i try to go around the numbers as much as possible but sometimes it's unavoidable..like when there's some toy scribble over them already taking up a perfectly good panel...

i think the shit's gonna end up getting stamped no matter what..it's just the luck of it..same with the black box..i know you're not supposed to paint it but i caught a couple pieces still intact from 96 -97 recently going over the box...

but yeah..i think if they realize it's fresh paint..and tape over the numbers that might bring some heat to the spot...peel it off after you catch your flicks and don't sweat it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Would it be heat to the spot?

Originally posted by IRON HEAD

I was wondering if it would be a heat to the spot if you put tape over the limit #'s and leave the tape on with a corner peeled off so the workers can take it off. Reason why i ask if it's a heat to the spot is because they might know some one is painting there if the tape is slightly peeled off in a corner. It's nice for the flik too... even though i also like flix with the number's showing... anyhow thanx in advance

You should just peel the tape off yourslef afterwards. Some workers might and probablly hate graffiti all around and this will just make them choked knowing that painting is going on in their yard.

Originally posted by lepthebeard

...whatever...I always tape the numbers...don't give them a reason for stamping yer shit...just caught a great black HS that I did a while back that got destroyed, all because i went over the numbers...i will even tape an old school moniker...pitty the fool that goes over a herby or a joe...when you don't have tape why not take move over a bit and take part of the door and not the numbers...karma to the yard

word to that beardo:dazed:

Guest rob deer

this year i've even gone back and wrote over the peice what the ld wt and shit should have said, at least the numbering is in my handstyle sorta.

make a layup workers' day...don't go over the numbers and paint mo' naked bitches.

Isnt it the people who load the trains who have to look at the little numbers? I'm sure worker or train worker wouldnt really give 2 fucks about the whole situation. I only try and stay away from 2 different train numbers, csx and rbox, they fuck you up real good.

Guest spectr

dude put the tape on the numbers, then take your flick then pull the tape off or carry a stencil and copy the numbers then paint them back on over your piece using the stencil, i got caught in a yard once and the dude was cool becuase i had tape on the numbers and wasnt fucking up his day!

Originally posted by D-man132AVE

I WOULD JUST PAINT ROUND THE NUMBERS...ITS ONLY LOGIKAL...:king: I WANNA BE UP FOREVER...

It is only logical. It doesnt take much skill to paint around the numbers, if you cant then you shouldnt be painting trains. By painting around the numbers you dont have to pack tape into the year either and create the risk of forgeting to take the tape off or leaving it lying around for workers to find.

Archived