What is your favorite car to paint and why?

AvoidsoutH

just one of those conversation starters...

i think it says alot about someone's personality and itll make us more aware of whats out there.

my personal favorite would have to be the white ns hoppers or yellow ttx gondolas. both are smooth and light and allow for maximum coverage and bright ass colors. not much traffic on those types, but its the best of what i have to choose from.

just wondering...

avoidsouth

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest schick1

BOXCARS mmmmmmm yeah old ass rusty ones with some company you never heard off on it, or those smooth mammoth boxcars, oh and holly rollers are mad sweet. but any smooth boxcar is excellent even a ridged one is cool.

h and those boxcars that are lower to the ground than most. fuck remember all the companies names.

Guest krowteN

i like gondolas and coal cars more than anything.

ill fuck with boxcars, but i like the off shit that most of you freight snobs are to pretty to fuck with.

Guest cheesecurd

I stick to the barnum and bailey's circus world train. it's all about the lion's cages and the cars for the giraffes, they got a real nice panel. nah...nothing says hit me like ANY car hittable in the day. I did 40 CP and GONX gondolas this year so far...I also like baex flats, although I've never hit one.

damn

damn thats cool as shit to see dudes that want to paint hoppers, gondolas and grainers and coalies...... i should hook up with you guys. there is a yard about 45 minutes from me that is MOSTLY hoppers, grainers etc... but it is probably the chillest spot i have ever seen for a yard. and no one will paint them with me cause "its hoppers and grainers."

but i reality i like to hit golden west flats the best, or any UP, golden west... etc.. fridgie car. those cars travel the farthest from me, are nice and i generally can find them pretty easy around here at a few spots.

i also like those double long flat cars i have seen CN's and CV's they were insulated and real nice.

White flats rock the best though Tropicanas are my fav to paint, but they get buffed, Cryotrans rock too... but tropicanas are hard as shit to find. around here they only stop for 15 minutes at a time then keep on getting it.

but overall like someone said any old boxcar daytime preferably, that moves.

Guest FlamingHobo

im partial to NS boxes...and bnsf flats,the white ones...hmmm..i really like coal cars too...and if i ever see some strange car in the yard i try and paint it...

anything rusty and flat always looks good to me..

but i also especially love chessie system freights...they're out of business now, so they aren't around too much, but i like the cat logo..so what..i'm a dork

oh yeah...Solid Golds are hot too..

Guest TrustEvil

i like to paint Camaros....cuz the dude inside with the mullet and his girlfriend with bon jovi teazed bangs get a real kick out of it.

as far as fr8s are concerned...the BNSF extended white reefers (the ones with the ice on top) and the UP Chilled Express (the ones that never had ice on top) extended white reefers are truly a thing of pure beauty....if not i'll take the Conrail extended car-parts carrier slicks...butter.

daewoo's are cool too....also a ford focus or anything by Lada.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

bnsf red western chilled expresses(all time favorite!), the new white UP chilled expresses, golden west flatties... and pretty much anything else i can get my grubby little hands on. autoracks are always a treat, and we dont let them go to waste.

Guest Sports Bra#1
Originally posted by BIG T

ahh yes... just like fat girls!!!!

exactally....they need love too.

hey im in your neck of the woods until friday

saw a bunch of sandersville cars over here near the airport

SOME OF MY FAVORITES ARE RAIL LINKS I LIKE PAINTING LIGHT BRIGHT COLORS ON THOSE DARK BLUE CARS ALSO I HAVE A THING FOR CSX WAFFLES.....IDUNNO I DONT REALY LIKE FLAT PANNELS I LIKE PAINTING OVER RIDGES IT KEEPS MY MIND BUSY AND I DONT GET BORED SO QUIK........A.D.D AS FUCK.ALSO IN MY PARTS ITS ALWAYS A TREAT TO GET A GVSR

Reefers...flat boxcars...green boxcars...

So yeah, flat green BNFEs rank high...

Really any flat or baby ridge (insulated) boxes are the best...especially rare or old crusty ones...GVSR, ICG, LNAC, DRGW, CHTT, anything ending in "Pacific".

Lately though I'm on a "paint it if it moves" kick...regardless of previous biases, they're all trains, they all need love.

Archived