Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

what is time and eternity?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dosoner, Aug 31, 2001.

1. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

It must be understood that our perception of Time is something which is created entirely by the central nervous system and the brain.
    A quantum physicist will assure you, there is no formula for linear time. and upon close scrutiny of quantum physics its possible linear time doesnt exist.
    What we have then is , for lack of any better term, Eternity.
    Within eternity we have consciousness, Atomic consciousness, human consciousness, etc.....

It is also well known that different animals and insects percieve time differently than us, sometimes energies as simple as heat or cold causing time to slow down or speed up for them.

What I see happening is we have "the beginning" and " the ending" what is in between is Eternity. Eternity is upheld by consciousness. Conscious thought and energy balance to create/stretch the apparent fabric of time.

In some states of high union I see myself going back and forth thru my life, thru time and even changing things.
    This is the mystery of Transcendental Magic.

2. MystikPW

MystikPW New Jack

i actually sat down and attempted to understand what you were saying...and i believe i might have gotten the jist of what your saying...but does that mean that if your mind fully understands that time is eternity, you can travel back to change things...is it kinda like that book slaughterhouse 5? maybe im completey wrong but no one else attempted to respond...so theres my shot

3. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

no, its not that complicated, its just about time not being a reality, and just something that our brains create to give a more defined version of consciousness.

you have an interesting idea there though.

4. MystikPW

MystikPW New Jack

so you mean that we're just hanging out here...having our brains think that we are living in time...just so it can make it easier to understand...like there is no time?

5. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

yea. thats pretty much what i was getting at.

6. MystikPW

MystikPW New Jack

so if theres no time...then how are there deadlines and stuff...for example...if there was no time...then why would i have to read Heart of Darkness by next wednesday?

7. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

time is a reality, it is the fourth dimension. it is also true that time passes slower when you are under lower gravity. so, someone on the top of a mountain all their life will age slightly slower then someone at sea level. It may actually be possible to travel through time, depending on the curvature of space in out universe. it is possible that one could travel through time using a black hole, cosmic strings, and it may be possible for an extraordinarily advanced race to actually create a wormhole into another time. Shit's interesting.

8. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

good, im not the only wierdo

[This message has been edited by dosoner (edited 09-01-2001).]

9. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

taken from a user on another forum in cyberspace:

"I disagree that the only explanation of having perceptions of things that dont really exist is the evil soul enslaver... another explanation is that this was a conscious act on our own. Take the VR example out to its extreme... VR that is as good as "normal" reality,after viewing and interacting in this world you get bored and realize that it can never compete with "reality" because you know its not real. So to make it more real your memory is erased of ever entering into virtual reality and your memory of life on the "outside" is also erased. Built into the game are small clues that give away the "fakeness" of the game, design flaws, but clues that are not blatant enough to ruin the game and instantly wake you up, but they still make you wonder...
    There is no point to the game, by climbing to the heighest peak in the "game" you dont win a prize on the outside where things "really" matter.
    If you really answered to yourself "why am i here" inside the game , the game would be over... you could answer this question if you really wanted to, but because you havent realized its just a game yet you obviously are still having fun playing it.
    So stop trying to ruin the game for yourself. The game will be over someday, it doesnt go on forever so why be in a rush to get out so soon? Oh yea before you went in you were told you only had one chance in your life to play the game, and so now you are here not having wanted to pass up such a golden opportunity."

10. MystikPW

MystikPW New Jack

i still dont understand completely...how does time change differently depending on how far up you are...how about if youre in space for 10 years...do you age taht much slower?

11. MystikPW

MystikPW New Jack

ok after reading the excerpt, i kinda understand...do you mean that my time hrer on earth is just an illusion and that i exist somewhere else in reality, but i wont find exactly where until i die...which would be the end of the game? so everything is VR and i just dont want to realize it completely becasue that will ruin the game?

12. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

yes you are right, in space you age slower. also, at the speed of light, time stops, but as of now we cant accelerate anything to that speed, because the faster you go, the more juice you gotta use to go faster. we have actually been able to accelerate particles to 99.9% the speed of light, but no matter how much energy we feed them, they just cant make it to the speed of light.

13. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

as far as that last thing i posted goes, thats what i took it to mean. i wasnt the authur so i cant say what he had in mind, but i would imagine it was along that line somewhere. It came from a disscution about human beings, soul, consciousness, and what happens to us when we die

14. MystikPW

MystikPW New Jack

the quote was really interesting...thanks for that...and xeroshoes...the whole thing with the speed of light is kind of like how in math, by finding the square root and NEVER ever reach 0...its impossible no matter how many times you find its square root, you can never get to zero

15. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

i didnt think anyone would even reply to this, let alone enjoy it. ill post some more cool/wierd quotes here