What is photography and/or art about, for you?

qsysue

I know people who say photography is about capturing light, which is cool. But for me, it's about capturing time. I'm sort of obsessed with the fleeting nature of time. It comes from having a brother and sister die young, but also being diabetic--I'm very aware of my own mortality and how quickly time is just gone.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

photography is many things to me

documentation, artistic expression, memories of a time gone by..

art is just part of who i am. i have always created art, since i could hold a crayon, and it's literally a fundamental part of how i live life.

i can't imagine what would happen to my brain if i did nothing creative for a stretch of time. it gets all the lead out.

it's also inspiring. i don't only like my own art after all, i love to look at what others are doing and sometimes use it, sometimes hate it, sometimes admire it, etc.. you know, i just like something that makes me feel, and i like to do that to others as well.

I do love to see how other people view the world through their photography. That's one reason I like to go shooting with other photographers--I love to see a place and then see how they capture it.

!@#$% - Some of what you're saying applies to music for me. I don't make music--just listening to it.