What is equality..? (rant)

elBryan

1. A male host on a morning show makes an offhand comment about beating up his wife.. Do you...

a)let it go unnoticed

b)laugh

c)get together with your female friends and lobby against the network that broadcasts his show until he is taken off the air

d)encourage his network to give him an annual salary of $14 million

2. A female host on a morning show makes an offhand comment about castrating a man.. Do you...

a)Let it go unnoticed

b)laugh

c)get together with your male friends and lobby against the network that broadcasts her show until she is taken off the air

d)encourage her network to give her an annual salary of $14 million

Did your answer for question #1 match your answer for #2..? If it did, good for you.. You understand equality.. If it didn't, how come..?

I'm not trying to whine, but the acceptance of jokes directed toward white males, in my opinion, has gotten out of control.. Am I offended..? No.. I can take a joke as well as the next person.. Probably better.. I answered B to both of those questions.. There's nothing wrong with joking about something if you don't actually intend on doing it.. But some people don't seem to think so.. (Some people would answer that in either case, it is unacceptable, because it promotes violence, and kids will take it the wrong way, which is another argument entirly, and not the point I was trying to make,)

How come the femenist's voices are heard when some "evil man" degrades a woman, but when a man comes forward with a complaint, he is laughed at..? Maybe the only way to get people's attention is by beating women who make fun of men.. (that was a joke)

I'm totally for women's rights, but what are we going to do when it is unacceptable to tell a joke about any class of person with the EXCEPTION of white males..? What's going to happen when white guys are no longer able to get the jobs they're looking for thanks to affirmative action..? (Although it has noble intentions, Affimative Action is only another form of racism.. I'd like to see affirmative action go through in a hospital, when the black surgeon is obviously not qualified, but given the job because Jesse Jackson pulled some strings) What if white guys started their own affirmative action..? (I know, it's laughable, and I wouldn't ever think of supporting it, but seriously, think about how many rights men are stripped of simply for being white!)

I'm sorry to get you guys all worked up, so hopefully this thread doesn't get out of control, but I think this is an important issue.. Especially because some people have considered me racist.. For those of you who actually know me, that is a ridiculous claim, but corrupt, selfish people like Jesse Jackson have re-defined racism, and changed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Dream to fit their own needs.. I think Dr. King would have to agree with me.. He wanted equal rights.. We're not eradicating racism, we're handicapping "dominate" white males to allow the minorites to "feel" equal..

Just like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (One of my three favorite people of all time) I'm 100% for equality, but taking away one person's rights simply because their ancestors treated someone else's ancestors unfairly isn't called equality.. It's called revenge..

So think about that while you're enjoying your day off on Monday, January 21.. Has his Dream come true..? Or is it slowly becomming a nightmare..?

I know I started this off as a femenist thing, and ended it as a race thing, but the subject was actually about EQUALITY, which, although I still believe white males, in some cases, have an unfair advantage over others, I can forsee that reversing within my lifetime.. I figured it might be wise to bring it to attention before I'm 70 years old and too tired to care about anything except my social security.. I'm not the type of person who's out for revenge.. I want equality just as bad as those guys who got beat up for speaking Spanish..

One last thing.. Katie Couric actually did make an off-hand comment about having a man castrated.. It didn't bother me so much that she said it, but it was the fact that if her male co-host had said it, he would have lost his job.. I don't know how many of you read the news, but about a month ago, it was announced that Katie Couric was promised a $14 million annual salary.. How's that for equality..? One person would lose his job, while the other would go on to become the highest paid journalist to date!

Of course, no matter how extreme that seems, great for her.. I'm glad she's so succesful.. I'm still against Ralph Nader's laughable MAXIMUM WAGE law.. What is this, China..? If we're really pissed off that she's getting paid so much, boycott the products of the companies that advertise during her morning show.. Not producing results..? Boycott the products of the companies that advertise on her network! Us people have a lot more power than the government, but we don't want to use it.. We'd rather let them make all the rules and then complain about what doesn't seem fair.. And still some of us can't even take an hour, bi-annually, to vote..

I wonder how many people sporting American flags on their cars voted in the last presidential election..?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Pilau Hands

well cracked just wrapped a lot of that up

I'd like to see affirmative action go through in a hospital, when the black surgeon is obviously not qualified, but given the job because Jesse Jackson pulled some strings)

while i understand the premise behind this thought, i have my doubts that there are black doctors who are as grossly underqualified as you make it seem. they don't pass people based on affirmative action, they grant them admittance. not to mention the interplay of having minority officers in a minority neighborhood and minority doctors in the same.

the world is a messed up place, and some things just have to be accepted. don't jump down my throat, that's just how i see things. sit back, have a big sandwich and punch the wall, not your wife

Archived