1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What is a Police State? Here's some clues.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KaBar, May 1, 2002.

1. KaBar

KaBar 12oz Senior Member

What is a Police State? Here's some clues.

Discussion started by KaBar - May 1, 2002

From a new book published by Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) www.jpfo.org.

When law officers and civilian liberty activists agree on a clear definition of "police state," the two groups can unite to achieve the same goal: perserving a peaceful, free society.

What is a "police state?"
    A police state exists where:
    --the State imposes it's comprehensive vision of economic welfare and correct behavior on it's citizens.
    --the police apparatus serves the State (instead of the citizens.)
    --the police apparatus takes upon itself to actively enforce the will of the State (rather than respond to criminal misdeeds.)
    --the citizens serve the State and the police apparatus because of a pervasive fear of punishment.

In other words, the State is the boss with the plan, the people fear and therefore serve the Government, and the police apparatus actively makes sure things stay that way. The police and military are not necessarily police state agents. Law officers, whose mission it is to stop crime and track down violent criminals and thieves, are peace officers. Military members who deter or fight foreign invaders and attackers are forces for peace. Both categories of public servants work to preserve a free society by opposing the forces that would damage or destroy freedom.

Can it happen here?

How can we detect whether America is moving towards becoming a police state? Some of the key signs are:

--Increasing Government control over details of private life.
    --Criminalizing unpopular speech and ideas.
    --Multiplying bureaucratic regulation of private businesses and commerce.
    --Using phrases such as "national security," "for the children," "temporary measures," and "public health" to justify expanding centralized authority and curtailing liberty.
    --Compelling all school students to obey and accept pro-Government ideology.
    --Placing law officers under National (as opposed to local) control and direction.
    --Rendering the people psychologically and PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO RESIST GOVERNMENT ACTION, even if it is evil or murderous. (hello, gun control.)
    --Employing law officers to make sure that people comply with Government edicts.

If you find the above timely and/or frighteningly reminiscent of recent current events, you might want to check out Claire Wolfe and Aaron Zelman's new book, "The State Vs. the People: The Rise of the American Police State." You can get it for $19.95 from JPFO, or ask for it at your local library (hah! fat chance.) (262) 673-9745 in Hartford, WI, USA.

KaBar - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

railroadjerk - Replied May 1, 2002

very interesting. these are the bigguns though...

3. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper 12oz Elite Member

bodice_ripper - Replied May 1, 2002

They don't have to actually criminalize them. People will censor beyond what is legally required out of fear/pressure from public/economic considerations

for instance, MTV censors WAY more that they must....

ahem, zero tolerance for discussion.....I think this message may self destruct........:(

bodice_ripper - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

SCAGNETTI - Replied May 1, 2002

--the police apparatus serves the State (instead of the citizens.)
    --the police apparatus takes upon itself to actively enforce the will of the State (rather than respond to criminal misdeeds.)

well it's pretty evident that this is the norm, so i guess we're in a police-state (hi, i knew that already)

SCAGNETTI - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. Giving Tree

Giving Tree 12oz Senior Member

Giving Tree - Replied May 1, 2002

KaBar is migrating..... heh

Giving Tree - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. NATO

NATO Guest

NATO - Replied May 1, 2002

fuck cctv.

7. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied May 1, 2002

can anyone name a time in modern history(meaning post hunter/gather) when a state did not do everything in its power to maintain control?

its an inherent characteristic of all governements....

For signs of a police state, how about when the government passes laws deemed the "patriot act"?

It began well before 9-11, but boy did that give zealots a leg to stand on.....

ofcourse the ironic part in all this mess is that the idea of patriot has been eroded...a patriot is someone who dissents, not someone who gets swept up by the tide....

and really i dont want to hear a god dam thing JPFO has to say....i think given the fact that israel gets 2 billion dollars in weapons from the US governement every year, they should kindly shut the fuck up....and i find it both appalling and ironically funny that they want to bitch about police states given the current atmosphere that they are creating over in the westbank.....blow me....

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. imported_Tesseract - Replied May 1, 2002

^^^AMEN !

9. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied May 1, 2002

where the fuck you been tess....

i think everyone is going through a induced 12oz chillout.....either that or the shit is just giving me a headache....still waiting for some scanned flicks dood!!

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. imported_Tesseract - Replied May 1, 2002

Haha, dude...i really hope i was chilling these days...The weather is fucking hot, its easter so no college BUT unfortunately my parents had a car accident a week ago and i'm not chill at all, lets say its ER home edition for me these days...anyway, its all good, i'm happy nothing really bad happened. I'll scan some flicks soon