what in the fuck

Tough Love

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Tough Love@Aug 17 2005, 06:30 PM

yeh man shits fucked. the BOSS of this one place could barely be understood. shits mad fucked up. Then im the one without a job, while some bum who dont speak no engrish holds it down.

don't hold it against them b/c they're foreign.

they need jobs, too.

however, i do agree with you to some extent.

if they are going to work in an english speaking

community, they should be able to speak well

enough to get by.

i would do the same if i moved to japan....then again

they teach their children english in school now.

If you're talking about phone support, it is all outsourced anymore, so you're likely talking to people in India.

Other than that, I've never had this problem outside trying to communicate with professors at college who somehow learned advanced calculus but never learned english. Fuckers.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Aug 17 2005, 06:40 PM

If you're talking about phone support, it is all outsourced anymore, so you're likely talking to people in India.

Other than that, I've never had this problem outside trying to communicate with professors at college who somehow learned advanced calculus but never learned english. Fuckers.

haha. same experience

whole math dept. is chinese.

at a land grant college...wtf?

somehow the college slipped

that one by.

if you weren't chinese, or

couldn't speak it, you failed.

yeh i totally agree with not being against foreigners. a line has to be drawn somewhere though. If you're speaking to me and your english is so bad that i can barely understand what your saying, all poor grammer aside, i dont see how anyone like that could be working in an important position....

yeah, i work as a technical support rep for high speed data services...almost every customer expresses how happy they are that i don't have an accent and that i'm american...it actually kind of makes me mad when they say it because i hear it so much, but it's totally understandable...having an accent or any other language barrier when you're in a field of work where communication is key is like being a on legged basketball player.

i forgot...

i feel the frustration of customers that have to deal with employees that can't speak english everytime someone calls me for technical support that can't speak english well. it will take me like 5 minutes to get them to go from their desktop on their computer to the control panel...shit is rediculious.