1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What in HELL?!?!?!?? Video Game?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by V|-|>VW, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V|-|>VW

V|-|>VW New Jack

What in HELL?!?!?!?? Video Game?!?!?!

Discussion started by V|-|>VW - Oct 6, 2005

Am I seeing this right? I guess I am.....WHY is this happening....Mark fucking Ecko can suck my left tit. I feel nauseous.

www.gettingup.com

Someone mentioned waiting for a ridiculous book or fast & furious- style movie coming out about graff.....now we have a fucking VIDEO GAME

ooooo, feel the danger, feel cool, feel down with the real shit. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

V|-|>VW - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Oct 6, 2005

yeah, there's a long ass thread replete with all types of commentary..

..mainly on how fucking dumb this game is..

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  3. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter 12oz Senior Member

Rodney Trotter - Replied Oct 6, 2005

This is the best thing to happen to graffiti since the invention of the internet!

Rodney Trotter - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Meth_bomb

Meth_bomb New Jack

Meth_bomb - Replied Oct 6, 2005

This game is horrible. Im so sick of graf becoming the fucking "trendy new shit" its like all the bullshit all over TV, all fucking channels have Tag style logos and stencil logos and shit. Fuck the main stream bullshit, and especially fuck Marc Ecko for attempting to be a cool dude, i will offically never buy anything Ecko.

Meth_bomb - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. Meth_bomb

Meth_bomb New Jack

Meth_bomb - Replied Oct 6, 2005

Graf bullshit is being exposed and becoming almost like a new trend...almost as bad as dying your hair black and wearing skin tight pants and becoming an EMO pussy.

Meth_bomb - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. T35T3R

T35T3R New Jack

T35T3R - Replied Oct 6, 2005

so much crying. Does this really threaten how "real" you are? If a video game is going to ruin your purist view of graffiti, then no level of "underground" preservation can help you.

The BAD news...
    Why is this such a surprise to everyone. Look at the fuking country we live in, the market catches on slowly, but inevitably, anything that's cool at one point in time will be reapropriated with a dollar figure behind it and marketed. Why would graf be any different. I'm NOT justifying it at all, but seriously, what was the expectation? The same things that drew all of us to graffiti are the same things that draws anyone to graff...including the market. The sooner we all learn that nothing is sacred, and that WE are the ones that have to keep ahead of the curve, and WE are in charge of the reinventing, the better off we'll be.

Review the rhetoric...galleries killed graff in the 80's, the buff killed graf in the early 90's, suburban "toy's" killed graf in the late 90's, pop culture and product advertisement killed graf in 2000, now a gang of movies about graf and a video game are going to kill graffiti today.

The GOOD news...
    All wrong. Why should this be any different?
    It's not like graffiti will become legal because of this, diluting your devious, criminal outlet. Mom still won't aprove, so it's cool.

T35T3R - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.