Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

what if...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by skaterzoot, Apr 28, 2003.

1. skaterzoot

skaterzoot Member

what if painting things wasnt illegal? do you think many people would stick with it? would it get boring too fast? is it about the thrill? is it actually expressing anything or venting for anyone?

and yes i know i should die and all that fun stuff, but im sure thats coming soon enough so thank you in advance for all the ass hole comments im sure im about to get.

2. Evil Dee

Evil Dee Senior Member

I honestly dont think as many people would be doing it. And the standards would be much higher, just like other legal artforms, like abstract art and shit. It'd be more of an exclusive thing.

3. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

I agree. Standards would be incredibly high. Not to mention the streets would look fucking amazing.

4. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

true

5. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

all i read was, "if painting was legal would you still paint?" and i decided that this thread should be dead

6. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

but to get into discussion..how would it be legal?
    tought in schools?
    designated areas?
    running the streets wild bombing and painting everywhere?

=as long as somebody's itching to hit up on somebodyelse's property, its gonna stay illegal.=
    thank god

7. Born Loser

Born Loser New Jack

GRAFFITI IS ILLEGAL!!!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE...

8. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Urban Beautification

9. CRESjyk

CRESjyk New Jack

i hope to fucking god graffiti stays illegal, i dont see how it ever could be legalized buy hey fucked up shit happens smoetimes......

but if it were legal, bombing would cease to exist. people would get into painting artfagesque burners on rolldown gates, street corners, all of it, the throwup would be obselete and i would cry..... nah id just kill myself

10. skaterzoot

skaterzoot Member

oh shit it is!?! nobody ever told me that. You just changed my life i see everything so differently now

11. yoink

yoink Elite Member

yeaup