What if she had cancer?

fuse=--action

So I was going to break up with my girl the other day. But when I called her (she lives an hour away, so I'm not exactly down for driving there just to do the deed) she didn't answer. So I called her the next day, and the next.

Finally, yesterday, her friend calls me and tells me that she's WAY sick. As in she's on the bathroom floor puking her guts out still kind of sick. As unfortunate as this is for her, it kind of interrupts my plans. I mean, I can't break up with a girl that's in that condition. I have to at least wait for her to get better.

Which brought me to the thought: What if she doesn't? What if she gets diagnosed with cancer out of the blue? What then?

I mean what's the waiting period on that one?

All hypothetically of course.

-fuse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i don't care how sick she is, if she and call you (or call you back) for several days, obviously she's not too concerned with you anyway. i dont think ive ever been in a relationship and not talked to that person in some form, atleast once every single day. maybe im weird like that, and mad folks are going 2 or 3 days without talking to their signifigant other, but that just seems...weird.

fuck it, dump her.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 6 2006, 10:46 AM

i don't care how sick she is, if she and call you (or call you back) for several days, obviously she's not too concerned with you anyway. i dont think ive ever been in a relationship and not talked to that person in some form, atleast once every single day. maybe im weird like that, and mad folks are going 2 or 3 days without talking to their signifigant other, but that just seems...weird.

fuck it, dump her.

i agree...is that surprising?

if she was concerned at all,

she would try to get in touch with you

and ask you to come help her, etc.

dump her and save both of you some grief.

Well see that's part of the reason I would be getting rid of her.

I forgot to include other reasons like that she doesn't pay attention to me. Instead she pays attention to everyone but me and hates it when I pay attention to other girls.

All of this has just been as of lately though. Don't think I'm some bitch and put up with this for any amount of time.

-fuse.

seek's got a point.

if it's not an 'every day' relationship, then it's not that serious.

Chances are she ate some bad seafood or something.

+ if 'not having a car' is reason enough to break up... you've got bigger problems.

++ if she does die of cancer, and you stick with her, you'll get sympathy play for the next decade.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 6 2006, 10:51 AM

whats there left to discuss? just don't call her again, and when she finally comes looking for you in a week, tell her you were really sick...of her.

When I couldn't get in touch with her, I started to think that maybe I should just start to operate under the assumption that we are already broken up and go score with someone else.

Mind you, by "tried to get in touch with her" I mean I called her once a day.

-fuse.

Nah nah, I've only been hittin it for about 2 months. No "I love you bullshit."

As for the underage comment. I'm just sitting at work, I'm bored, and I thought Ch.0 might have some sort of funny or vulgar input on my current status.

It's not a question of should I, because it's going to happen. It's more a question of when. And of course the hypothetical for amusement.

-fuse.