Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What Graffiti Really Is....

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by abit, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abit

abit Banned

what's graffiti? (the kwik.abit opinion):idea:

many of the new generation writers never read, looked up, or know what graffiti really is, kids think "oh it's just writing on a wall", wrong, graffiti, the first of the 4 elements (the basis of hip-hop) is more than just spray painting, it's a lifestyle, hard-core, die-hard graffiti attics live by graffiti, spending all day at school, work, or home thinking about graffiti, drawing graffiti, preparing for graffiti. many kids think racking paint is cool, it just shows how poor you are. racking paint is un-cool, the new graffiti movement isn't all rebelious like it used to be in the late 60's 70's 80's and early 90's. graffiti now is how you live your life like i said before you live by graffiti. if you use montana, belton, motolov, or 'specialty caps' (i.e fat caps, thin caps, soft ball caps, super fat caps, outline caps, etc..) you have to buy it, you can't rack them (unless you are at a graff store, but that's nearly impossible to rack at), and with the new developments of security stealing isn't what it used to be, racking paint takes time and guts now, i walk into hardware stores and i am followed, or there is cameras all over. also doing graffiti now, it's bigger, more prestige and precise, it takes more paint, and if you bomb hard-core, it's hard to rack 30 cans in 1 run, you have to keep going back and eventually you'll get caught. also remember that graffiti is a element of hip-hop, so you punk-rock, skate boarding, bmx, skating kids, raving fools need to respect hip-hop. hip-hop isn't that shit (99.9% of the stuff) on the radio like "nelly", "ja-rule", "big timers", "juvenile", hip-hop is dialated peoples, j-5, mos-def, the arsonists, dynasty, mix master mike, dj-qbert etc, dj-shadow, mc dis 'n dat, kool kieth/dr. doom, arsenik, etc.... and you NEVER break dance to techno, kids need to know, it's hip-hop only, else it's called trip-dancing :D or some bullshit.

kids:
    -racking paint is lame, just makes graffiti look worse than it is.
    -bragging about racking paint to people is lame.
    -bragging you do graffiti to everyone is lame.
    -saying drugs are cool is lame.

kids need to:
    -learn their terms before using them.
    -learn and read about graffiti before touching a can.
    -know the consequences of their actions.
    -get a job so you look more responcible.

-sorry if i spelled some of the words wrong, and remember these are just opinions, don't get all pissy and tear-eyed about these comments.

-cheers and good-day. :king: :cool:

2. virus

virus Guest

3. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

Hey people don't rack because it's cool. People rack because they either don't have money for paint, or they don't want to pay for it...

4. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

KWS...Ft. Wayne Indiana?!

5. SHAKEWELL

SHAKEWELL Member

just take them off other spray products
    you just have to know what you're looking for

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i do grafity on peoples propetry

7. spec

spec Guest

stealing is bad, so is graffiti

8. schick1

schick1 Guest

word the fuck up.......graffiti is a lifestlye....tag or die

9. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

10. JIGSAW

JIGSAW Guest

If you think racking is "uncool".. then thats because you dont want to fuck up your record,hey thats fine just admit it and dont try starting some new trend on whats cool and whats not, or whats real hip hop or whats not, or all this other political bullshit....

11. SHAKEWELL

SHAKEWELL Member

WERE YOU THE ONE THAT TAGGED THE BATHROOM WALL AT SCHOOL DOOD YEAH LOL TAGGING IS COOL I TAGGED A MAILBOX THE OTHER DAY NOW IM THE COOLEST KID IN MY TOWN :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.