What do you do? [jobs kiddos]

gatita

What do you all do to pay the bills? Is it related to your pasttime/obsession or any form of 'art'?

Im currently attending a school for graphic design with an art history minor, waiting to hear back from a job at an Art Store in the city, getting my web portfolio together in hopes of some side freelance jobs.

And you?:lick:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iloveboxcars

Dude! You put this in the right forum! Good job!

Exclamation point!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude..

Yeh I was about to add to it "I think this is in the wrong forum, my bad" but thanks to your comment, it wasnt necessary.

:dazed:

Originally posted by gatita

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude..

Yeh I was about to add to it "I think this is in the wrong forum, my bad" but thanks to your comment, it wasnt necessary.

:dazed:

All of my comments are necessary. Always.

All ways are my ways.

Originally posted by LENS

yeah, next time before creating a thread, look where it should go jackass.

Don't ever become a property developer....odds are you'd have an adult bookstore next to a church.

Idiot

Dude....what's with all the hate?

Sheesh....

i work in the paint department at a franchise of a certain giant corporation who shall remain nameless

but seriously i sit there alllllllllllllllllllllll day mixing up colours and staring at the wall of spray paint :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

full time graphic design student too.

i work only like twice a week on my days off school to make some extra cash for a business that bills insurance companies. (the mr's aunt is my boss)

i basically file thousands of papers and make files for patients and orginize them.

Regional Interface Floorman (Assistant Manager)

For a Barne's & Noble College bookstore.

I basically walk around, ask people if they need help.

When I'm not on the phone calling around the area to the other affiliated stores asking about textnet transfers and their status.

I also handle the shipping and textnet transfer for the store nationwide to the other 607 B&N College Bookstores in America relating to our store.

I get paid pretty decent and the hours are rad, and really I do nothing.

i work at a mortgage company, the most un-stimulating enviroment you can think of.

my sis is a big boss and got me the job.

anyway, i put together files.

and we're ultra slow now.

so basically i get paid $10 to go on 12oz most of the day.

Cons?

I have to wake up at 7am, work is from 9-5 M-F. And i am not a big fan of monotonous jobs like these.

There is a dress code.

I work (for the most part) with people who are obsessed about $.

I have to usually drive for an hour in traffic.

bla bla.

but it pays the bills thusfar.

I work at a Print/Internet design company and I am a database manager. They are sending me to art school for free and i take 2 hour lunch breaks and theres no dress code. the only downfall is that my commute sucks about 4-5 hours out of my day but im moving soon so its okay

circuit city sales consultant.

at this time, i'd rather blow my brains out then work there and deal w/ customers all day, but as everyone knows..bills wont pay themselves.

I'm hoping to get a job at carmax making commission, because they have a no-haggle policey there...

Archived