What do you do for work?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by ARCEL

freelance moron

Ditto.

Although this weekend I scored two pretty big websites (architecture firm and an advertsing agency), as well as a few more smaller web jobs, a new bboy video, and interface design for a business app me and my friend are working on. I'm set for the next two months or so. Go me.

On weekends, I drink on boats.

hhhmmmm.

sit around on 12oz?

yeah, um work..

so i got in and checked our mouse colonies for illness, they look ok..the babies have fur now, they're eyes are still closed...later i'll prolly set up some mouse boot knockin for overnight

i need to decontaminate the incubators..so i have to take them apart, take some motors out, change some parts, put it back together

i'm making some super-competant e.coli for the lab to use in transfections so we don't have to buy it anymore

and i'm gonna start the next round of immunohictochemistry (antibody hybridization) on some coronal sections of the telencephalon that came in last week.

oh yeah, and i have to split the Hek293 and HeLa cells later

yeah, not as technically intriguing as a lot of other days. a lot of cleaning and maintenance.

Originally posted by !@#$%

and i'm gonna start the next round of immunohictochemistry (antibody hybridization) on some coronal sections of the telencephalon that came in last week.

I bet this part of your day I would find very interesting if I understood a fucking thing you said...break that down into laments terms if you can? :o

Guest imported_Tesseract

hhhmmmm.

sit around on 12oz?

yeah, um work..

so i got in and checked our mouse colonies for illness, they look ok..the babies have fur now, they're eyes are still closed...later i'll prolly set up some mouse boot knockin for overnight

i need to decontaminate the incubators..so i have to take them apart, take some motors out, change some parts, put it back together

i'm making some super-competant e.coli for the lab to use in transfections so we don't have to buy it anymore

yeah, not as technically intriguing as a lot of other days. a lot of cleaning and maintenance.

Make me a coffee while you're at it:nut:

Originally posted by Wink ONE

I bet this part of your day I would find very interesting if I understood a fucking thing you said...break that down into laments terms if you can? :o

i meant to say immunohistochemistry

you meant laymen's

ok.

in immhunohistochemistry, an antibody (a chemical perfectly complementary to another chemical; it has a lock-and-key style unique fit and binding ability with that partner chemical) is applied to a section of tissue (a thin slice of an organ or [mouse] embryo on a sheet of glass) in a complex protocol with timed incubations and washes

a staining is done after the antibody has had a chance to 'locate' its partner chemical in the tissue and bind to it ..the staining is perfectly designed to illuminate that 'complex' (the partner chemicals bound together)

and thus you can see, literally, where your chemical of interest is located in a certain tissue type or mouse embryo

the splitting is just growing cells in a few flasks, letting them reach maturity, and then harvesting them and starting the growth over in fresh environments

and for Tess

coffee.gif

Guest imported_Tesseract

and for Tess

coffee.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Now thats some classy shit! after that, i give you full control over requesting anything from me and full credit that you'll get served.

hypercube101@yahoo.com

Archived