What Book Are You Reading Ver: Winter Time

why write?

you know the deal, what book are you reading?

i just started reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" its good so far, i was watching the movie sleepers and in there the kid described it to be a interesting book and it inspired me to pick it up even though im not a big time reader or anything, anyone know how good it really is?

.what are you reading?.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just ordered:

Masters of Doom, David Kushner - Story about the rise and almost fall of iD Software.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction

The Yage Letters, William Burroughs

I am currently reading/just read:

R. Crumb: Conversations - Selected interviews and articles on Robert Crumb, from the start of his career until 2003. Very good reading.

A Hacker Manifesto - Book about the "hacker way of living", so far so good.

Metropol - Comic book series by Ted McKeever. Exceptional art and story about a plague hitting a city that kills it's residents and turns them into demons from hell. Five people come back as angels in order to save humanity. One of them used to be a graffiti writer. Written in the late 80's, I believe, available in trade paperback.

i am planning or rereading the brothers kazmarov, down and out in paris and london, the idiot, and grapes of wrath, plus whatever anyone else hands me or i find thats good.

Originally posted by Devilush@Nov 23 2004, 01:21 PM

very very good book so far. he wrote stories for vapors and clout. and if you are part of the sf art scene, you know who that boy is.

who does that cover illustration... its not the author is it? i can't think of that guys name.. schultz????

i just picked up angels and demons by dan brown.

I am currently reading:

"Will They Ever Trust Us Again? Letters From The War Zone" - Michael Moore (first book I've ever read by him)

"Feeling Good" - by David D. Burns M.D. (therapy)

"The Beast Reawakens"- Martin A. Lee

"The 9/11 Report" - Thomas H. Kean, Chair, and Lee H. Hamilton, Vice Chair, w/ reporting and analysis by the New York Times.

"Phantom Soldier" - H. John Poole

And I just picked up Matthew Leskos "Free Money To Change Your Life".

Originally posted by nomadawhat+Nov 23 2004, 02:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nomadawhat - Nov 23 2004, 02:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Devilush@Nov 23 2004, 01:21 PM

very very good book so far. he wrote stories for vapors and clout. and if you are part of the sf art scene, you know who that boy is.

who does that cover illustration... its not the author is it? i can't think of that guys name.. schultz????

i just picked up angels and demons by dan brown.

[/b]

wow! ding correct! there are illustrations and photos in the book by jeremy fish, david flores, travis, chris pastras, isaac mckay-randozzi, sean ratcliff and andrew schoultz.

conan the barbarian comic book.

last issue, conan was fucking the prefect's concubine in the garden, when his luetenent (he's temporarly in the army for the flow) interrupts... conan walks away cause he got some, but falls upon the prefect's plans to take over the kingdom w/ the help of some demons and a chest of jems; but conan just cares about the loot. he goes and gets his drink on, and hires a thief to teach him to rack... w/ hsi new skills he goes and tries to steal the chest.... in the process, he kills some big ass snake, hundreds of soldiers, slices off his boss' hand, kills his bitch and the prefect

shogun is illlllllllll.... so many characters, it can get mad confusing. i've read it twice and i still got confused 2nd time around. sometimes you need to just kind of read and be a little confused and not care. but anyway, probably is my favorite book of all time. Toronaga-san is the motherfucking ultimate bad ass ninja of all time.

Originally posted by Vanity+Nov 23 2004, 11:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vanity - Nov 23 2004, 11:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>conan the barbarian comic book.

last issue, conan was fucking the prefect's concubine in the garden, when his luetenent (he's temporarly in the army for the flow) interrupts... conan walks away cause he got some, but falls upon the prefect's plans to take over the kingdom w/ the help of some demons and a chest of jems; but conan just cares about the loot. he goes and gets his drink on, and hires a thief to teach him to rack... w/ hsi new skills he goes and tries to steal the chest.... in the process, he kills some big ass snake, hundreds of soldiers, slices off his boss' hand, kills his bitch and the prefect

[/b]

fuck didnt know they still made those i have a bunch of old issues and some of the oversized black and white issues fuck i need to go to the comic book store soon all i read now is posion elves best fucking comic ever

<!--QuoteBegin-balloonhead@Nov 24 2004, 12:09 AM

Almost finished "The Brothers Karamazov", about to get onto Kobo Abe's "Woman of The Dunes"

Good on ya Sectr

hell yeah dostoevsky is one of my favorate authors, i read the idiot and was hooked, check out poor folk and notes from the underground 2 of my favorates.

Originally posted by effyoo@Nov 23 2004, 09:26 PM

Shogun by Clive Cussler. Easily my favorite book. It's about the 1500's in Japan when the Christian priests and Europeans first arrived. SO fucking good.

naw man its by james clavell.. and its got the best ending ever

and by the way i also read the books in the same series in order of year..

1600 shogun

1841 tai-pan

1862 gai-jin....it picks up after tai-pan..sorta

1945 king rat.. the time is worl war 2.the place is a brutal prison camp deep in japanese-occupied territory.here within a seething mass of humanity,one man,an american corporal,seeks dominance over both captives and captors alike. his weapons are human courage,unblinking understanding of human weaknesses,and total willingness to exploit every opportunity to enlarge his power and corrupt or destroy anyone who stands in his path.....hardcore w00t

1963 noble house...i just started this two days ago

1979 whirlwind

i also started rereading a few of my dragonlance books so i can get a feel for a new style of background production i'm working on when i paint..or draw.... kaz the minataur is rather good

not much on nonfiction other than clavell type books though..

and yes i read white oleander

Originally posted by iquit@Nov 24 2004, 04:33 AM

just finished this...

n59379.jpg

fucking GREAT story about guys in a WWII POW camp in singapore. this is the same guy who wrote shogun, one of my favorite books.

hmm i should start scrolling down before i post

wasnt the ending for the king so fucked up...

i and the whole time he only had 11 bucks that wasnt counterfiet

Originally posted by Vanity@Nov 24 2004, 04:19 AM

conan the barbarian comic book.

Hell yes, I am reading this, too. I didn't pick it up this week, gonna have to wait a few days but I am looking forward to #10.