What book are you reading right now?

Guest Canadiano

Guest Canadiano

I'm reading three books:

Communism, Fascism, and Democracy: Theoretical Foundations

^^amazing book. no writer - writings by everyone - i mean EVERYone.(1962)

SnowWalkers - Farley Mowat (1975)

Religion and the Rise Of Capitalism: A Historical Study - RH Tawney (Holland Memorial Lectures, 1922)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Canadiano

fiction? star wars, dude!

really, Ishmael is a terrible book. On History Channel, even, Rick Green of "History Bites" (great show) makes fun of that book. I know people that love that book, and I don't like them. It's all good that you're reading that shit, 'cuz I did too. It ain't cool if you agree, however. Quinn is supporting veganism, and moreover, going back to the hunter/gatherer system. yeah - ok!

Guest Dyptheria

yes, i understand people have a problem with his views and conservation in general, but i was asking what kind of stuff you like, it seems like your list has only one fiction title, and i've never read anything by Mowat. I'd like to learn about more authors.

Guest Canadiano

Farley Mowat I've know since I was a kid, and he is the bomb. A great Canadian writer who speaks of our terrain. I love him most for his great books that pretty much speak from an animal's perspective. In fact, I read this one short story (a rarity) that he wrote that was all about a dog. Believe that it was way sicker than anything Jack London (props) could write, as far as 'dog in the wild' perspectives go. Mowat is the shit.

Hell, that first book I listed is my mental workout. i read a couple of pages at a time, you know? Even that commie bastard Engels impresses the fuck out of me.

Also, I just got from the library today a book that looks bomb. It's a thick hardcover that is all about Nazi propaganda. I can't wait until I tackle that mutherfukker.

i dont even fuck around with books really but i found myself readin

the art of war (still) and the prince

i read like a chapter every two weeks cause i forget about it, good lookin out

imma crack it open today if we dont get this bbq goin later

girls, chicken, steak, beer, hotdogs, hamburgers, girls, beer, and beer

your invited, holla atcha boy

Guest im not witty

im reading still life with woodpecker by tom robbins again. this book owns you all, you should read it.

and ishmael is a great book you fuckin dolt.

Guest Canadiano

The only people who I know that like that book (Ishmael) are completely lost in life. Dubyah, I'm the same, still. I just started getting back into fiction.

zesto - what is that, a mystery or something?

Archived