Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What book are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Canadiano, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

I'm reading three books:

Communism, Fascism, and Democracy: Theoretical Foundations

^^amazing book. no writer - writings by everyone - i mean EVERYone.(1962)

SnowWalkers - Farley Mowat (1975)

Religion and the Rise Of Capitalism: A Historical Study - RH Tawney (Holland Memorial Lectures, 1922)

2. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

Life is Elsewhere by Milan Kundera
    Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

3. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

^ I read Ishmail! That shit SUCKS!!!!!!! GODDAMN, NOT ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

forced entries
    jesus' son
    philosophy: history and problems

5. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

hahaha, not your flavor huh? what kind of fiction do you like then?

6. melt

melt Guest

the hobbit.

7. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

fiction? star wars, dude!

really, Ishmael is a terrible book. On History Channel, even, Rick Green of "History Bites" (great show) makes fun of that book. I know people that love that book, and I don't like them. It's all good that you're reading that shit, 'cuz I did too. It ain't cool if you agree, however. Quinn is supporting veganism, and moreover, going back to the hunter/gatherer system. yeah - ok!

8. ET one

ET one Junior Member

my bloody life

9. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

besides, SnowWalkers by Farley Mowat is great fiction.

10. onemanband

onemanband New Jack

GOD SAVE THE TEAM:
    football (Soccer) hooligans in Euro2000...nice and violent.
    [​IMG]

11. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

yes, i understand people have a problem with his views and conservation in general, but i was asking what kind of stuff you like, it seems like your list has only one fiction title, and i've never read anything by Mowat. I'd like to learn about more authors.

12. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

my bad you just posted before i was done...

13. onemanband

onemanband New Jack

“my bad you just posted before i was done...”

it's the quik and the dead around here bro...

14. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

Farley Mowat I've know since I was a kid, and he is the bomb. A great Canadian writer who speaks of our terrain. I love him most for his great books that pretty much speak from an animal's perspective. In fact, I read this one short story (a rarity) that he wrote that was all about a dog. Believe that it was way sicker than anything Jack London (props) could write, as far as 'dog in the wild' perspectives go. Mowat is the shit.

Hell, that first book I listed is my mental workout. i read a couple of pages at a time, you know? Even that commie bastard Engels impresses the fuck out of me.

Also, I just got from the library today a book that looks bomb. It's a thick hardcover that is all about Nazi propaganda. I can't wait until I tackle that mutherfukker.

15. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

bump.

don't tell me that some of the dudes who chill here late can't list me one book.