What Book Are You Reading? Pt. 9 (I think)

Weapon X

What’s up? I hope this isn’t too soon for you guys. Tell us what you’re reading right now.

I’ve picked up the Seduced By Hitler book again (I think I mentioned it in one of these threads a whiiile back). It’s really good. My buddy is lucky to have bought it for only six dollars in the discount bin at Chapters.

I’m awaiting for another buddy of mine to lend me another Ken Follett book. This one being “Eye of the Needle”.

The book that I currently have out from the library is called “The Game I’ll Never Forget”. It has the stories of 100 different NHL stars from past and present talk about the one game that they will never forget, hence the title.

Let’s take a poll…how many kids are reading Chuck Palahniuk (sp) and Irvine Welsh in here. I don’t think I’ll read anything of theirs, ever, because of the amount of play they get on 12oz.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken Follett has some great works.

I'm reading 'warrior of zen' which is some ancient samuari turned monks life teachings.

it's a slow read. very slow.

Naked. by david sedaris. thanks to all those on 12oz that suggested it, so far i am digging it.

just finished heart of darkness. by joseph conrad. i didn't even know this was the basis for apocalypse now. which is one of my favorite movies.

also reading some book on investing in real estate.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (Douglas Adams), "ActionScrtipt MX: The Definitive Guide" (Colin Moock), and re-reading "Godel, Escher & Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid" (Douglas Hofstadter).

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

some book my mo mgave me called 'DURANGO'.

its about some dude that gets involved with gangs.

It takes place in some hood called Durango.

Its getting good...

Originally posted by j

oh, and I just ordered The Beach by Alex Garland.. thanks to a tip overheard from Tesser.

j/psyched

oh man, I've never gotten so sucked into a fantasy world that a book creates...that was nuts....I'm jealous that you haven't read it yet.

I'm still reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown...its rad, almost finished.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by j

oh, and I just ordered The Beach by Alex Garland.. thanks to a tip overheard from Tesser.

j/psyched

j my ninja!...please believe this book is fuckin awesome...once you turn page one you'll find your self an instant moment away where 100's of pages and hours passed...in my opinion its exactly where a quality/fun to read book should be..strong in both.

If you dig it, pick up the tesseract by the same author...not so smooth but still quite ill.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by CIPHER_one

I'm jealous that you haven't read it yet.

and thats a line too fly for a book thread!

Originally posted by Tesseract

That book is suposed to be really good, it won some big award aswell...what you think of it?

if you were talking to me..

s'ok not really the kind i usually pick up. good story telling, but it doesn't get me thinking, its more of an entertaining book than thought provoking.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by j

Ube,

Why did it not occur to me previously that you were in my pants?

godamn hip hop kids...you can fit a whole ube in their pants and they wont be able to tell the difference ...

Originally posted by Tesseract

...you can fit a whole ube in their pants

and they wont be able to tell the difference ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

shiiiiiiit.

:lol: