Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What Book Are You Reading? pt. 4

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Now that summer is over, it’s likely you won’t be reading as much as a couple of months ago. So, who’s reading something other than a three week old issue of The Economist on the subway?

I’m currently involved with Steinbeck’s first novel, “Cup Of Gold”. I just started it, but it’s pretty good, so far.

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I've been in a Richard Matheson phase. I've just finished the following of his...

- Nightmare At 20,000 Feet
    - Hunted Past Reason
    - I Am Legend

But I am just about to sit down and start 'DUEL.'

3. annunaki

annunaki New Jack

THE BOOK OF THOTH by Aleister Crowley

4. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i'm reading East of Eden - Steinbeck - picked it up in the airport

i just finished "the sexual life of catharine M" - terribly lurid book.

5. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

kalle lasn 'culture jam'
    john decamp 'the franklin cover-up'(<fucked up beyond belief)
    and
    adobe after effects classroom in a book

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I think I'll find a copy of Dude.. where's my country this weekend.

7. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

damn rage, im reading hunted past reason right now, and i must say its quite a deeply demented book. first piece by him ive picked up, but id deffinetly grab more of his shit. Also kinda reading carl Hiassen's basket case which is aight...don't find much time to read

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

the celestine prophecy and good omens are on my reading list for this week.

9. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Just finished Farewell To Arms by Hemmingway last night. That was a sad book. Now I am reading Norweigan Wood. I like to read. I stopped reading for years, but now I have started again here are some good books I have read lately.
    Green Green Hills of Africa - Hemmingway.
    On the road - Kerouac
    Dharma Bums - Kerouac
    Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - Adams
    The stranger - Camus

10. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

A Farewell to Arms was alright. I read that in jail. It was either that, or some bullshit army book written for twelve year olds. Now that I think of it, that was a really good find, considering it was youth jail.

11. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

the stranger is a good book, but you have to be somewhat educated on the history of philosophy to get it.

nausea by sarte- great if you live alone... once again, you need some prior knowledge to truly appreciate it

romeo and juliet- i hate melodrama, so this sucks.

winning chess
    logical chess move by move
    both by irving chernov
    great if you like chess.

12. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I read this in less than a week even with a full time job. It was too hard to put down.

If you want to read more Richard Matheson.. I'd suggest 'I Am Legend' for your next read. It's fucking awesome.

13. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

I am about to finish On The Road, and I'm starting Timequake-Kurt Vonnegut.

14. I always love how everyone here reads fairly smart stuff.

Fuck that, I'm back on cheap PAPERBACK ACTION NOVEL mode. Just finished "Area 7" by Matthew Riley, which is probably the most insanely fast paced action novel I've ever read, and just started "Ice Station" by the same author, which I hear is even more insane.

Before that was "Prey", by Michael Crichton, which is fucking awesome and I would shit myself if they didn't make a movie for it.

15. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

the stranger was good, right now im readin Don Quixote and shadow warriors or some crap like that