What Book Are You Reading? pt. 4

Weapon X

Now that summer is over, it’s likely you won’t be reading as much as a couple of months ago. So, who’s reading something other than a three week old issue of The Economist on the subway?

I’m currently involved with Steinbeck’s first novel, “Cup Of Gold”. I just started it, but it’s pretty good, so far.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just finished Farewell To Arms by Hemmingway last night. That was a sad book. Now I am reading Norweigan Wood. I like to read. I stopped reading for years, but now I have started again here are some good books I have read lately.

Green Green Hills of Africa - Hemmingway.

On the road - Kerouac

Dharma Bums - Kerouac

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - Adams

The stranger - Camus

the stranger is a good book, but you have to be somewhat educated on the history of philosophy to get it.

nausea by sarte- great if you live alone... once again, you need some prior knowledge to truly appreciate it

romeo and juliet- i hate melodrama, so this sucks.

winning chess

logical chess move by move

both by irving chernov

great if you like chess.

Originally posted by i11igul

damn rage, im reading hunted past reason right now, and i must say its quite a deeply demented book. first piece by him ive picked up, but id deffinetly grab more of his shit.

I read this in less than a week even with a full time job. It was too hard to put down.

If you want to read more Richard Matheson.. I'd suggest 'I Am Legend' for your next read. It's fucking awesome.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I always love how everyone here reads fairly smart stuff.

Fuck that, I'm back on cheap PAPERBACK ACTION NOVEL mode. Just finished "Area 7" by Matthew Riley, which is probably the most insanely fast paced action novel I've ever read, and just started "Ice Station" by the same author, which I hear is even more insane.

Before that was "Prey", by Michael Crichton, which is fucking awesome and I would shit myself if they didn't make a movie for it.

I'm eagerly awaiting the movie release of Timeline because the book was pretty enjoyable.

oh... and Master And Commander (From the Patrick O'Brien series) is going to just kill it!

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Kilo7-

I'm eagerly awaiting the movie release of Timeline because the book was pretty enjoyable.

That is word. I didn't find the book to be very cinema-ready in the way Jurassic Park was, but it kicked serious ass, especially how he managed to make time travel believable. He's a genius at doing that kind of stuff. What worries me is that something like Sphere could happen... an awesome book whose move was true to it, had awesome actors and awesome performances, and still sucked, simply because it's not a very cinema-type book. At least Timeline has dope medieval battles, but it's nothing new to what's been done before. I'm also worried that it stars Paul Walker.

"Prey", however, has that "Jurassic Park" feel. Killer nanobot swarms and lots of nerditude.

"Master and Commander" looks like it's gonna be hot as balls... and also looks like it cost a buttload to make. I'm also psyched for "Sahara"... my fave paperback author, Clive Cussler, has finally signed for movies, and "Sahara" is probably my fave book in his Dirk Pitt series.

the stranger is one of the best books ive ever read.

i am currently working on the fellowship of the ring by tolkein, the tao of love and sex by jolan chang, russian fairy tales and im working through a quarter of my tattoo magazine archive.

i just moved and im still settling down so i havent been in the mood for any heavy reading.

have any of you read an of camus' political essays?

Originally posted by Kilo7-

I think I'll find a copy of Dude.. where's my country this weekend.

I walked by that about three hours ago, I havent read any of his stuff, I dont know If I would enjoy it or not. Maybe I should give it a shot.

I just recently finished

Memoir of a Basque Transvestite in the New World, Lieutenant Nun, Catalina De Erauso.