Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What Book Are You Reading Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

uh...so I'm still dealing with that "Communism, Fascism, and Democracy" book. My friend's dad lent me a book on the incredible scientific exploits of the old hairy British Isle dudes who made Stonehenge, and The Last Don is by my bed right now.

howzaboutyou?

2. DMX

DMX Guest

borges- labyrinths
    salinger- nine stories
    beckett- the complete short prose

just kind of switching around

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

4. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

i finished up "evasion"

im reading a book called "bloods: an oral history of the vietname war by black veterans" its all individual chapter accounts of their tours and their lives before during and after, fuckin dope book.

"the sorrow of war" by Bao Ninh is fuckin amazing too, just finished that off last week.

5. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar Member

im working on a friend of the earth by t.c.boyle
    its not very good, its about an ecoterrorist as an old man after global warming has kicked in and everything failed.
    i will probably be done with it soon and then i think i will read something else. id tell you but i cant remember the name of it off hand.

6. Velvet Jones

Velvet Jones Guest

Newberg, D'Aquili, Rause. Why God Won't Go Away: Brain Science & the Biology of Belief. Ballantine. 2001.

7. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

thanks for contributing, guys. fr8lover, I'm feeling the war memoirs, too. Mostly, I like the Great War and World War II stuff. So complex, those wars were; on such a great scale.

Anybody ever read the National Geographic issues on Alexander the Great? Some good tactical stuff on the battles between Alexander and Darius of Persia.

8. post.

post. Guest

I'm back and forth beween:

Neuromancer - William Gibson
    and
    Men Against the Sea - Nordoff/Hall

9. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

^^^ werd! i just finished neuromancr for the 18 millionth time... just read diamond age by neil stephenson for 16 millionth time right before that...

now i'm werking on pirate hunter by richard zacks...

10. post.

post. Guest

Did you read Idoru?? I thought that was pretty ok...

11. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

The Dragons of Eden, Caral Sagan

Gulag Archipelago for the 2nd time.

Biography of Rasputin

Metaphysical poetry... John Donne.

12. FreeDaddy

FreeDaddy Junior Member

A couple.. Reading Critically, Writing Effectively (good stuff If your interested in bettering your writing skills overnight)
    and FINALLY just wrapping up ... sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day

Rip Norman Brown

13. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

"Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

are you one of those white guys who go to Buddhist temples run by white guys?

15. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

i've read everything that he's written (i think...)
    idoru rocked, but you should read the whole trilogy... same goes for neuromancer...