What Book Are You Reading? Pt. 11

Weapon X

I am currently reading “The Game I’ll Never Forget”, edited by *Chris McDonell. It is a collection of 100 former and present hockey stars that relate what their most memorable game is. A very cool read for any hockey fan.

I am also reading Shakespeare’s Macbeth. Hopefully I can make it out to the library tomorrow to pick out a new book and post it up on here.

And I still have that Seduced By Hitler book in my backpack. It’s going to be finished when my exams are done, surely. By the way, it's really good.

*edited, I got the author’s name wrong.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ese

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

just finished Franey and Zooey by J.D. Salinger last week.

kickin it up there with a hard book like to kill a mockin bird? im playin, thats a really good book

im readin "shes come undone" by wally lamb

Guest BROWNer

i finished 'business is our culture' 2 weeks ago.

mcluhan lite in a way. kind of hovers between a

book you can flip through like a mag, and one you

can read a few pages and think about the content

for a good chunk of the day.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by ClueTwo

StreetTrucks Issue 56, May 2004...Good read, Good read..If you have the means (4.95 U.S / 5.95 Canada), I highly suggest you pick one up...;)

what is this about,

and where do i find it?

Mindfulness in plain english; updated and expanded edition

by: Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

Bhante Henepola was ordained at the age of twelve as a Buddhist monk in Sri Lanka, and earned a Ph.D. in philosophy from The American University.

Ill get alot of laughs and comments back on this, but i find these guys so funny. Im reading through the book called

"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy : The Fab 5's Guide to Looking Better, Cooking Better, Dressing Better, Behaving Better, and Living Better"

Its actually quite an interesting read. Yeah Yeah, laugh it up. ..And no, im not gay.

Originally posted by krie

Ill get alot of laughs and comments back on this, but i find these guys so funny. Im reading through the book called

"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy : The Fab 5's Guide to Looking Better, Cooking Better, Dressing Better, Behaving Better, and Living Better"

Its actually quite an interesting read. Yeah Yeah, laugh it up. ..And no, im not gay.

no, you're not gay. you're "metrosexual".

Originally posted by iquit

just finished "angels and demons", the guy who wrote da vinci code. pretty cool, a little too retardedly far fetched tho.

agreed. I almost wish it had ended earlier. yeah it would have been predictable, but it would have dropped at least a hundred retarded points.

I'm about half-way through the DaVinci Code right now.

just finished "budding prospects" by tc boyle. a good, quick read. funny

too, i laughed out loud a couple times. its about some 20 something

bums growing weed and all the trouble they encounter.

not sure what is next. i am trying to read dos passos 42 parallel, but it

is slow goings.

y

Originally posted by (no subject)

what new pahliunuk?

I had the same reaction. To me, "new palahniuk" refers to less than 3 days ago. But, I'm sure he is referring to Diary. Which was good.

I'm reading Deception Point by Dan Brown. Yes, absurdly far fetched...but I'm enjoying it.

I might get She's Come Undone next. Or You Shall Know Our Velocity...or whatever.

Anyone read Alice Sebold? Thats my recommendation of the year.

**Edit: Onsecondplea reminded me of my recommendation. So if rape makes you not want to read the book...than steer clear of this author. But, shes really written some great books.

I would like to read the beach, but im afraid of what my reaction would be since ive seen the movie....eh maybe.

I havent read the stranger yet so im going to pick that one up, that and fast food nation (still a bit late on that one I know)

/ word on those dune books im still fucking waiting for the machine crusade to be released on paper back...ill probably have to go reread the butlerian jihad. (the prequel series by his son brian herbert and Kevin anderson)

Archived