What book are you reading? Part 20

Since The Great 12oz Crash of 2009 I feel we need to start anew.

0141023457.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I just finished Kafka's Metamorphosis, this was a perplexing read and made me feel a little like the main character. It's so easy to slip into the mundane. This is definitely on the re-read list for books to reflect back to. I also think I will dedicate an illustration and painting to this book. I'll post later when I get to it.

Currently reading;

51MB3JCDN3L.jpg

I hope it gets scary!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Currently Reading this, Its Interesting but I have to read it in sections, then return to it.

prometheus_rising.jpg

Finished this, and highly recommend it. Its a quick read, and funny, plus its got sign language on the cover, so its bonus.

apathy-and-other-small-victories.jpg

I have enjoyed reading the essays in this, but I am not done, I still ahve a few more id like to read.

41VT7D4F2WL._SS500_.jpg

Studying for the G.R.E. Nuff Said...

9780375765773.jpg

I just finished Kafka's Metamorphosis, this was a perplexing read and made me feel a little like the main character. It's so easy to slip into the mundane. This is definitely on the re-read list for books to reflect back to. I also think I will dedicate an illustration and painting to this book. I'll post later when I get to it.

I was the same. I read metamorphosis before any other Kafka and came away without any strong feelings about it. I then read The Trial and The Castle quite a few years later and loved them so re-read metamorphosis and appreciated it a lot more. I recommend The Trial if you want to explore Kafka further (which you definitely should if you haven't). One of my favorite novels.

• Like 1

Sacks_MWMHWFAH.gif

just got done with that^

started reading the wine of the youth by john fante, but that dude is like a poor mans salinger so i went ahead and stopped.

not sure what im going to read next.

This book did not live up to the title's awesome name. I sold it at a garage sale.

I was the same. I read metamorphosis before any other Kafka and came away without any strong feelings about it. I then read The Trial and The Castle quite a few years later and loved them so re-read metamorphosis and appreciated it a lot more. I recommend The Trial if you want to explore Kafka further (which you definitely should if you haven't). One of my favorite novels.

I will definitely. I am glad it wasn't just me!

His work thus far reminds me of Murakami. I just got through reading 3 German Fantasies. Speaking of which Murakami's book Kafka on the Shore references Kafka the author. Let's do a trade and you check our Murakami.

6a00b8ea067a57dece00cd970509c34cd5-500pi

haruki_murakami_he_wanna_talk.jpg

yeah real shit you know the gemini is like a cruch now, or at lest it was a few years back... you should check Roy's son Al's book "For the Sins of my Father" it was fucking great: 8wlcfn.jpg

Good looking out.

I'm gonna have to find this book.

Yo, Peep that shit the Iceman Confessions.

He did hits for the DeMeo Crew intresting shit there too.

akcp3b.jpg

Alot of it is about the DeMeo Crew.

He was supposedly DeMeo's nicest hitman.