What Are Your Plans For the Future?

Gunm

I was wondering what some of you intended to do with your graffiti as the years go on. Remember, we're not getting younger.

Are some of you content to just bomb and piece as a hobby? Is it just a side pursuit while you work on serious career?

Do some of you see graffiti as a way of moving up in the world as your style gets better and better? Maybe establish a clothing company? Art openings? Canvases? KAWS/DALEK/NECKFACE/TWIST status?

Do you see yourself ever outgrowing graffiti?

Let's face it, graffiti has the potential to be a real crash and burn lifestyle. the choices you make today determine whether you are a superstar :king: ,burnout :burn: or a middle class american :clown2: with a family who fondly remembers the days of killing buses and walls while you make dinner for the wife and kids.

Where is your graffiti taking you?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Do you see yourself ever outgrowing graffiti? "

I don't think you can ever 'outgrow' graffiti,

its either part or all of your lifestyle,

how much of your time it takes up

depends on your attitude towards it.

I like to picture myself, at about

75 years of age dragg'n my

brittle bag a bones up of the

throne in some public rest room

somewere.......

....take the pen from pocket

from which I had early completed

my daily crossword with, &

go over the new school toys

on the back of the door,

with some shaaaakkkky styles!

When it comes to art I do shit when I want to. I would never try to make

any part of the "creative" me into a career... turning something I love

into a career feels like killing it to me.

Graffiti will always be part of my life. I'm not saying I will continue going

out every night but I will always think like a grafftagbomber.

That said, I see no stopping in my future.. so I don't know.

And this is random, I've just been thinking about it lately --

But I am quite the hipocrite. I am willing to switch barcode labels on

paint cans to get a lower price, but if I see a kid stealing candy from

like.. a circle k or 7-11 or whatever, I feel like beating the shit out of

him. And I don't really understand why either. I did that shit when I was

younger.. what's the problem I have with it?

Possibly it's the complete obvious way they do it. I don't know. I hope I

wasn't that obvious.

I hate kids.

Im not sure dude, cause I just started writing like a few months ago so so I have a ways to go. I'm a junior finance major at hampton university, but i've been an artist all of my life so im not really sure what i'm gonna do...oh and my gpa looks like shit too.

Originally posted by The Leader@Jun 6 2005, 01:17 PM

But I am quite the hipocrite. I am willing to switch barcode labels on

paint cans to get a lower price, but if I see a kid stealing candy from

like.. a circle k or 7-11 or whatever, I feel like beating the shit out of

him. And I don't really understand why either. I did that shit when I was

younger.. what's the problem I have with it?

switching barcodes isnt the same as stealing. your still paying something, but on your terms..

Its taking me to a new level. Ive never felt so alive meeting new heads in different places of the world who have a common interest. Its kept me away from doing just ordinary vandalism/breaking shit which is fun in its own right. Anyone who gets out there and writes is okay with me, I dont mind what it looks like, who theyre with. Its an extension of my personality. It is what will remain of me once I leave earth.

Theirs no way I will ever voluntarily stop doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

ive been bagged a couple times before.but i plan to write until im about 40 or 50.then im just going to stick to canvas.but you never know..you could find me with a walker when im 80 with two cans of rusto.theres graff everywhere,and its going to keep going up no matter what it looks like or where it is.i probably want to die with a can in my hand.

money will have to be involved.

people mention not making graff your career because they cant see that. yeah thats only if you let someone own you. if your doing shit on your own terms you wouldnt complain, let me guess you cant determine if you can do for self. well then your not built for being a CEO or owner of anything.

my future: shows. still painting. clothing line (along with an upscale menswear line). getting ridiculous amounts of money for what i do all the time, all the time.

sorry but i control my own destiny and my future will not consist of working for anyone but myself. and im not going to make my shit commercial for anyone, rawness only. how can you actually claim to be in this game, if you even claim it, and not want to make a living out of it?

im not the normal clown 9-5 fix my family dinner over the stove type of dude. NAW.

im about eating out consistently, dressing wonderfully, spending money, making money, getting some good pussy, seeing ritzy movies and living the good life by any means necessary. the weak would not understand. see, my mentality prevents me from doubting myself and settling for less. how can you let someone else tell you or influence you to think you cant do something,

fuck that.

i cant believe motherfuckers arent motivated to get this cake. we do graffiti, and if your good, your going to get plenty of cash. your a walking fortune, why? everyone likes it if its good. think of the possibilities.

also, expand your shit dummy!

if you spray paint, learn airbrush. got that? ok now learn screen printing. wanna get digital? get on the comp. oil and acrylics? yeah use that canvas you know how much they sell for? im not going to drop the graff hustle on here, but its easy to recognize and there are plenty of possibilities.

if you were/are good at graff, know your history, and "can't" or "won't" make a living or at least a heavy grip, then you didnt try. you cant make it if your lazy and are used to settling.

use your brain and get your hustle on.