what are you reading part 30002

fr8lover

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its not really a book, its just a 34 page essay that was written by Rev. Dr. David J. Lull, Associate Proffessor of New Testament, Wartburg Theological Seminary in Debuque Iowa.

Its just a focus on the New Testament, and God's eschatological renewal of creation in Romans 8.18-30. Just a little theological essay followed by a detailed annalysis of some text that supports his essay.

Now I see a reason this guy is the director of bible translation and utilization for the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA.

my brother's been reading that hunter s thompson book, says it's good stuff...

[yawn]me, i've been reading "the bride and the bachelor", by calvin tompkins...about 5 masters of the avant garde (duchamp, tinguely, john cage, raushcenberg, cunningham [/yawn]

just kidding, it's good stuff

Guest duh-rye-won
Originally posted by TEE_rase_war

Hells Angels -Hunter S. thompson

^little slow, but fuckin dope

vonnegut

pahliunuk (wrote fight club)

reservation blues by alexie sherman

shit is corny... written using a buncho of stereotypically college techniques and is on some wanna be willa cather tip.

Fun & Games

some shit on game theory... well written, but kind of heady.

some essays by Keith Donnellan on the meaning of words and such.. also Hillary Putnam.. putnam is a pretty good writer.

starting up on fast food nation fairly soon.

Guest beardo

gee wiz, im STILL reading 'theories of modern art'

i should also note that i havent absorbed a single thing the whole time

• 4 weeks later...

I'm reading a bunch of boring ass schoolish books. When I was in jail I was so bored I must've read every New York times bestseller for the past 50 years and I found I was STARVING for something intelligent. The most intelligent reading I found of that group were spy/political books and Eric Von Lustbader. I've been reading Lustbader for a long time and his stuff is consistantly good.

So I'm reading HEAVY, HEAVY mindblowing shit now exclusively until I have enough in my brain to tide me over should another intellectual drought occur.

'the biggest secrete', david ikey>>>>>some messed up stuff

'89 step' john ruskin>>>>>>>>>cool little spy novel

'matrices for management'>>>>>>>meh

'ecoding and encription'>>>>>>>meh/wack

'the importance of being ernest' oscer wilde>>>>>>>>so funny

labyrinths is classic material all the way through. i only wish i spoke fluent spanish so i could read the original versions.

i'm still reading alot of beckett. homebizzle gets jiggy. just look at the guy.

Archived