Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What all writers should confront

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by willy.wonka, Dec 18, 2001.

1. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

Much props to all the writers commin up. Keep practicing every day. I have one question that everyone already has the answer to deep down inside. The question is, "Whos style do you bite?", .......fool
    Its ok, don't be ashamed. Everyone has to have 'some sort of influence', unless they live somewhere in Butt-Fuck. So my challenge is for all the writters to be honest with themselves and really ask, "whos style do I bite?" I'm sure all of you will feel good when you get out of denial.
    Remember this question; its good for parties and a good to scare the shit out of unsuspecting victims...:idea:
    Hope you all get your kicks with this (true) question,
    "WHO'S STYLE DO YOU BITE?"

2. IRONMAN

IRONMAN New Jack

nobody, thank you and goodnight:king:

3. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

i wouldn't say i bite style...i don't like trying to look like everyone else...most graff bores me...it all looks the same past a point,don't get me wrong i still love it but it can get real stale quick.as for style biting if i had to say someone i'd have to go with a non graffiti artist and say pushead or dr. seuss,but yet my stuff seems to not look anything like there stuff but i'm glad it doesn't i like having my own twisted thoughts doing there own thing. my friends and my surroundings also seem to have a heavy influences on me.

4. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

good answer!!!

thats exactly what i would say!!
    i travel a lot and i have seen my style recycle...i still have my own thing going on,but i see it change...its as bad as when i see that "subconciously" i draw or start to paint a letter style of my good'ol buddy over here...personally i hate it,but deep in my mind i grin about it.
    i try to take that energy and push it into something i can produce.
    (if that makes any sence)
    my friends do influence me and as well as surroundings
    good shit man

i bored with graff also..i love it, artistically i need to go further..i dont think i'll ever stop though.i love it too much.

honestly,"along with some others",totem2 is one of the prime piecers i dig right now,i dont think i'll ever try to go that route,due to the "whole wide world" is getting up on it...so i gota keep my shit hard and go my route,,see here it takes me.

i just really need to take my ass to art school,get taught,and then teach myself...

5. serum

serum Elite Member

i presently study asian artists work. ukiyoe is like crack to me. i love their characterizations, their use of negative space, pillar prints, shunga, landscapes. though my work doesn't quite show the influence i buy books by the dozens and i spend as much time diggin for records as i do for used books. Indian art. especially hindu paintings of Krsna and Narasimha. i also am heavily influenced by crypto zoology. i like strange mythical creatures with different animal heads. i like comparing different cultures takes on dragons, ogres etc. picking and choosing what i like. And finally erotic art. i like shunga, shel silverstein, and nepalese erotic sculptures. there needs to be more graffiti thats perverted.

6. zen

zen New Jack

yeah

my name is karl crackhead. i dont bite any one. i write cupe2. i like kids destroy. i go all shopping mall toilet man. inside and out.... any way

i dont really bite whole peices or lettering, i bite curves, line sections and lettering patterns and angles and i cant say that any one person or thing provides me with them. some times its the curve of a sexy lady and some times its just some section i see in my mates sketch book its all the same to me. I try to keep it as individual as posible while at the same time not doing somthing totally inspired by a can of beer. This is mostly because i write for a visual aesthetic and I dont have the guts to break out of the square really. I also vist my local comic book store for some underground comics and also some good old sci fi because i love that tech feel on my pieces. i have a whole stack of xmen that are just piles of fun to read and look at them for inspiration. the last person i bit was loomit. (even though my styles arent 3d)

damn right

7. taper

taper Elite Member

i will sometime draw some shit and then say hey that looks like so snad so. not meaning to do it just someimes it comes out that way.

8. bigguy

bigguy Senior Member

i look through all my flicks (my oun shit) and bite my self.

9. Sekin

Sekin New Jack

I usually only bite painting techniques. And so if I paint with somebody and I like what they are doing I ask how they do and I try to do the same thing. besides that I don't really bite one person. Every once in awhile I look at a piece and take one letter. Or maybe a color scheme.

10. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

has anyone heard the theory that nothing that is original anymore? i read about it somewhere.

11. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

When is someone going to be honest here????

I have this chunky fr8 style that I use for stamps that I attribute an influence to the likes of MENES and OZIE................... If you saw it then it wouldn't make you think of them instantly but I tend to use them.....
    Menes in particular......... as an influence in an odd subliminal way!!!
    I call it "My chunky menes fr8 style" when referring to the stamps........:eek:

12. Secret

Secret Elite Member

I like solid, cartoon like letters. I guess anybody that does that influences me...

13. SatansArtist

SatansArtist Junior Member

14. SatansArtist

SatansArtist Junior Member

ok i would say i am daim influenced... i like the whole 3d thing with crazy perspectives...

there happy:eek:

15. elquilser

elquilser Guest

sometimes i hold my braeth until things get bluryand my cats start to talk to me and tell me who to bite

wonk your a dumbass