Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

WES ANDERSON apreciation thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DITDxCULT, Jan 17, 2002.

1. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

When ever I see his films for the first time I don't appreciate it. After the 3rd or 4th viewing they become some of my favorite comedy movies of all time. I am talking about:

THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS
    RUSHMORE
    BOTTLEROCKET

Anyonle else share the same love and admiration for this man? If so, please express your love for him below.

thanks.

http://www.lawnwranglers.com/images/magazines/billjasonwes.gif'>

[img]http://www.lawnwranglers.com/images/magazines/owenwes03.gif'>

2. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

Bottlerocket is an incredible movie....and so is Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums...

I like him even more since he puts his friends and my new favorite actors Owen and Luke Wilson in all of his movies.

3. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

I couldn't agree with you more. I think Luke and Owen wilson are finally getting the recognition they deserve.

"This isn't a nurse uniform, There my O.R. scrubs"

4. bl4ckh4m

bl4ckh4m Member

wes is the man. incredible sense of humor.

props.

5. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

"OH, ARE they?"
    great shit
    bill murray is the man

6. ODW

ODW Member

my favorite filmmakers (anderson/owen wilson) hands down. the thing that is so great about their movies is that they are timeless, you can watch them over and over and they get better with every viewing. but whats also so great is the shit you notice with each one. like at the end of rushmore during the post-play scene, mr. littlejeans is in the backround tying fucking nots! its hilarious.

7. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

I couldn't agree with you more. The more you watch his films the more you notice the little funny shit. It is impossible to take it all in, in one viewing. To fully apreciate and love a Wes Anderson film you have to watch it numerous times, and repeat this ritual monthly.

On a side note...I got my Wet Hot American Summer DVD in the mail this week and watched it twice already. Once with commentray, & once without. I love David Wain and Micheal Showalter.....but not as much as Wes Anderson. Long live Stella.