Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Welcome to the magical land of jail - My Weekend

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GnomeToys, Jul 12, 2004.

1. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Friday Night: Finally had a good night of the week off work, so I bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve and headed over to some old friends. Ate a couple of weak mushroom stems. We drank that between 3 people, as well as another 5th of some lesser bourbon. Went back to the bars with another friend, to see a band play. Went and picked up some mail and some cleaned spraypaint caps from my old apartment. Went back and partied with the band members, drank a couple more beers. Decided to go home, and then the fun began.

3:00 saturday morning: I was walking home, about 3 blocks away, when it started pouring down rain at an increasing rate. My decision to jog the rest of the way home was poorly timed, as it coincided with somebody setting off some fireworks behind me in the alley, which didn't help because I had fireworks on me as well. Got about 50 feet from my house when a cop pulled right up on me going about 40 with his lights on. Managed to get charged with public intox and possesion of a schedule 1 substance. The cop asked if I was huffing paint (the caps), then proceeded to have me flip through the pictures on my camera for him to see if there were any "peeping tom" pictures. My $1600.00 camera is still sitting at the police station, probably soon to become property of some pig who likes photography. I was in jail until 4:00 today when somebody finally rounded up enough money to bail me out. Welcome to the fun place.

I'm fucked legally and monetarilly now, and my camera, which had been my favorite hobby, may not be returned to me.

Any advice on what I can do about the camera if they give me shit would be much appreciated, I'm going to deal with the court stuff through a lawyer. I don't think they can use the drug trafficing related seizure laws in this case because of the amounts involved.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

ro-sham-bo them for the camera. you go first of course

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

what type of drugs did you have? if it was the mushrooms, possibly you could find out through your lawyer if they actually did a chemical test on them. is the fact that you were in the vicinity, and running, probable cause to think you lit the fireworks, if that's why he stopped you? also, since the camera has nothing to do with the fireworks, that might be in your favor. i think i remember something about a search being limited to things related to whatever you were stopped for.

4. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Just the mushrooms, 3g. The police in town make up more or less whatever they want in terms of reasons to search. They didn't do a tryptamine spot test on them but may have done something back at the station. Like I said, the bullshit with the camera is what I'm really worried about at the moment.

5. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

6. ment2

ment2 New Jack

7. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

8. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

wow it really is easy to end up in jail in America

go flaunt a lawyer around and they will get scared if there is any problems with the camera

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

stopping and searching you, because you were seen jogging home (while it was raining) because someone let off fireworks is a complete crock of shit. as long as your lawyer isnt a worthless piece of shit, he should be able to get you off on the grounds of illegal search, since they had no reason to suspect you of setting off fireworks, other than the fact you were in the area. if you get even a halfway decent lawyer, you should be able to get the drug charges dropped easily, and even if you cant, your camera had absolutely nothing to do with any possible crime commited, so they have to give it back. that would be like them not returning your shoes, because you used them for walking, or your watch. they have to give it back, if they don't, sue them, you'll win.

where the fuck do you live? this is like some keystone cop shit. no one gets arrested for searched for fireworks, then has their camera comfiscated to check for 'peeping tom' photo's. that's such a fucking joke. if things really went down as you stated, and you have a lawyer, this should be a piece of cake.

10. beardo

beardo Guest

you should be able to get the camera back. hell, i got busted for graff and they gave my sketchbook back for chrissakes.. albeit like a year later :lol: good luck

11. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Does anyone else find it ironic citizens are afraid of police stealing their own property. Aren't police officers entrusted by the public to "protect life and property?" Do we have an implied value judgement present in this person being clearly and obviously afraid of not having his property..returned. I think so, what do you?

12. Faithfull

Faithfull New Jack

this aint utopia you white boys

13. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

^KillWhitey...

What the fuck are 'peeping tom' pictures? I got busted for graff and they gave back the respirator:crazy: ...

14. Telo

Telo Elite Member

I somewhat agree with seeking.

A while back i had somewhat the same problem, except it was with drunk driving..

The cop saw me stop at my buddies house, get out for about 5 minutes and get back in to take off.. He then proceeded to pull me over based on the fact that i was "throwing up all over the neighbors lawn"..

Got that one dismissed with a quickness..

15. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member