1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

WEEN

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jah, Jul 17, 2002.

1. jah

jah 12oz Elite Member

WEEN

Discussion started by jah - Jul 17, 2002

ive heard a little of them before but i never knew it was them. theyre actually pretty tight. i always thought they were a punk or grunge band or somethinga and ive never been into that shit so i always thought i never liked em. they have some wierd shit but some of their shits pretty ill.

jah - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. im not witty

im not witty Guest

im not witty - Replied Jul 17, 2002

i was gonna make a ween thread yesterday. their country album is amazing. mr richard smoker is an awesome song

3. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Jul 17, 2002

only album i had was 'the mollusk' and i played it to death till i lost it. havent heard them since. i should pic that one up again. any other suggested albums?

4. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO 12oz Senior Member

DISCO BRYSO - Replied Jul 17, 2002

chocolate and cheese. some of the songs are cheesy and some of the songs are chocolatey. even the cheesy ones are good. see them live if you get the chance, it will probably be cheap or free.

DISCO BRYSO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. im not witty

im not witty Guest

im not witty - Replied Jul 17, 2002

beardo- seriously get 12 classic country greats or something like that. its fucking awesome. if you have access to a file sharing program download "piss up a rope" "mr richard smoker" and japanese cowboy to see if you agree with me.

6. DMX

DMX Guest

DMX - Replied Jul 17, 2002

all their albums are dope. god ween satan and pure guava are particularly worth a listen.

7. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Jul 17, 2002

PURE GUAVA

THE MOLLUSK

8. jah

jah 12oz Elite Member

jah - Replied Jul 18, 2002

the one that inspired this thread for me was the chocolate and cheese one. i actually recognized a couple of hte songs but i never knew it was them. as far as i know i havent heard any of their other shit. im always stoked to find something new to listen to though. gotta keep it fresh...

jah - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Jul 18, 2002

Ween puts on a kick ass live show...

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. tEkRoCkS

tEkRoCkS 12oz Veteran Member

tEkRoCkS - Replied Jul 18, 2002

smart im hunting u down!!!!!!!

tEkRoCkS - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied Jul 18, 2002

Word?

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  12. amItoolate?

amItoolate? 12oz Member

amItoolate? - Replied Jul 18, 2002

they played for free on 4-20 but i got high and stepped off the porch and re-spraighned my bum ankle however i did manage not to drop my cheeseburger point of the story, i didnt go:(

amItoolate? - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Jul 18, 2002

poopship destroyer

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  14. 23578

23578 12oz Elite Member

23578 - Replied Jul 19, 2002

yeah krayon, that song is awesome.

i love-
    everything they put out
    the mollusk
    country golden greatest hits
    pure guava
    god ween satan
    and i have an awesome live show that my buddy got from the pheonix in to as well as mad amounts of b-sides, bad. . .ass

for lots of cool ween songs click over to ween's website and see what they have on mp3

i have yet to see them live, but my friend ate their pizza that they threw out the window of their hotel once. that's so fucking cool, no?

23578 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Jul 20, 2002

well, I dunno if it's cool but it's pretty funny, like Gene and Dean... what was the song they did for School House Rock? It's was about the revolution and had a fife in it...

Ween is like a really funny version of They Might Be Giants...

*TMBG sidenote... back in the early 80's TMBG was nothing more than an ad the Village Voice personals section, it said "They Might Be Giants" and had a number, if you called you would get an answering machine that would have different fucked up TMBG's songs on... My friend Teri used to call every so often, she's also the girl who got recognized by Moby as he passed her to get on stage... he stopped and said, aren't you Teri X? And she said yeah! Well, kinda, she is Teri Z now, she's married, but she and Moby went to school together 15 or 20 years ago... She's actually pretty fucking really cool.

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: