WE ARE FUCKED

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS NO LONGER A DEMOCRACY. WE NOW LIVE IN A DICTATORSHIP. INFACT IT HAS BEEN SO FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS. THIS IS A FACT. THE ONLY QUESTION IS... ARE YALL GONNA JUST SPREAD YOUR CHEEKS AND EXCEPT THE DICK? OR ARE YALL ACTUALLY GONNA TAKE A STAND LIKE THEY DID IN EUROPE IN THE 30'S AND 40'S. I HAVE A REAL FEALING THAT THE UN WILL EVENTUALLY GET INVOLVED (MAYBE NOT FOR A WHILE), BUT IT PROBABLY WONT HAPPEN UNLESS WE TAKE A STAND AND SHOW THAT WE AINT DOWN WITH THIS SHIT.

Uh-huh. Let me get this straight. When the Democrats win and get their way for four years, or in Bill Clinton's case, eight years, it's "democracy in action." But if the people elect a Republican, it's a "dictatorship?" I'm sure it will be contested by the Democrats six ways to Sunday, which will give everybody a chance to hash over every vote in every precinct.

I haven't counted up the remaining available electoral votes, but "it ain't over til it's over."

If the Republicans win, maybe that's a sign that the Democratic Party is a little too far Left. Keep in mind, when there was a conservative wing of the Democratic Party, they controlled Congress for over FORTY YEARS, and dominated in the South for about a hundred.

I mean that the Democratic Party (of which I was a registered member, back in the '70s) has systematically marginalized and more-or-less expelled their more conservative members, and has embraced wholeheartedly numerous causes, from abortion, to the ERA (that was quite a while ago--no longer a big issue,) to gay marriage and gay couples adoption of children, to multiculturalism in education, "political correctness", and (my big issue, as everybody knows, and Seeking is sick of hearing about) anti-gun positions.

Sure, plenty of people support these political positions, and they have every right to do so, but by embracing these causes, the Democrats have driven a lot of the more conservative members of the electorate towards the Republicans. They cannot have their cake and eat it too. It's like anti-gun politicians who bitterly complain because the NRA funded their opponent and helped defeat the anti-gun candidate. (Well, DUH, maybe if he'd STOP VOTING ANTI-GUN, the NRA would spend it's members' money supporting him, instead of working to defeat him.)

The political realities of life are that if you adopt too many controversial political stances that a large part of the electorate does not share, you risk alienating them and driving them into your opponent's camp. In the past, the Democratic Party has not been shy about "voting the cemetaries" or double-voting, buying votes, etc. The archtypal example was Mayor Daly and the Democratic Chicago Machine, but here in Texas, the Duke of Duval County and Lyndon Johnson are very well-known examples of Democrats who stopped at nothing to win. The Republicans could not even elect a dog catcher in Texas when I was a kid. Now they own the state. Our Republican governor, Rick Perry, is not a very good governor, but if the only other choice is a left-wing Democrat, he will get re-elected. WHOSE FAULT IS THAT? Democracy is not neat and tidy. Maybe from the DNC point of view, gay marriage, or National Health Care is a great idea, but not quite enough people share that view for them to take the Presidency, apparently. It wouldn't take much to tip the scales, but the Democrats apparently cannot back off these sort of issues.

I can understand that. If the Republican Party ever supported gun control for one second I would vote Libertarian exclusively. I'm sure the NARAL feels the same way about abortion. That's their right.

He means that the democrats have alienated their cross-hugging, billy backwoods voters by not supporting taking people's right based on sexual preferance or wanting to send our citizens to die in the name of killing distantly-relevant brown people.

Fuck Christianity and fuck religion. I take that back; fuck religion in America. The bulk of advanced cultures don't seem to have to hard of a time grasping what place it has in society... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY COUNTRY? YOU UNEDUCATED, NO BRAIN, ALL BACKBONE, BIBLE THUMPING, PRIMITIVE FUCKS! YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THE RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS YOU CLAIM TO HATE; THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS IN REALITY YOUR BACKBONE IS A FACADE AS YOU'D NEVER PICK UP A GUN AND FIGHT YOUR OWN WAR.

This will make my getting ahead in life harder.

Originally posted by KaBar2@Nov 3 2004, 06:49 AM

Uh-huh. Let me get this straight. When the Democrats win and get their way for four years, or in Bill Clinton's case, eight years, it's "democracy in action." But if the people elect a Republican, it's a "dictatorship?" I'm sure it will be contested by the Democrats six ways to Sunday, which will give everybody a chance to hash over every vote in every precinct.

I haven't counted up the remaining available electoral votes, but "it ain't over til it's over."

If the Republicans win, maybe that's a sign that the Democratic Party is a little too far Left. Keep in mind, when there was a conservative wing of the Democratic Party, they controlled Congress for over FORTY YEARS, and dominated in the South for about a hundred.

IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT YOU MISSED MY POINT. IF YOU WERE OUT ON THE STREET AT ALL TODAY THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT'S NOTHING BUT KERRY FEVER EVERYWHERE. YET TV IS TELLING US OTHERWISE. IT'S A MATTER OF WEIGHING REALITY AGAINST TELIVISED LIES.

ALSO PEOPLE RELY NEED TO STOP BITCHING IF THEY ARENT READY TO FIGHT FOR THEIR BELIEFS. AND I REALY MEAN "FIGHT" BECAUSE DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED AND DEMOCROCY HAS DIED.

Nobody likes losing an election, it sucks. Here's the good news--they often run from the extremes, but to GOVERN, they must do so from the MIDDLE. If Bush wins, it will certainly be no "mandate," not with the vote split 50-50. He must moderate his views, or risk priming the pump for the Democrats in 2008.

BTW, it's not "Kerry Fever" in Texas. But, of course, he is considered a native son here.

Mr. Kerry has voted anti-gun every time he had an opportunity to do so. The NRA gives him an "F." He is the junior senator from Massachusetts, a state with notoriously fascistic gun laws. I think it's fair to say that Mr. Kerry is anti-gun.

Mr. Bush is barely better, but he knows he is on a short leash. If he supports any anti-gun laws, he'd better not come home to Texas.

hahaha.. what? You voted libertarian? Badnarik? Hahahaha! You poor guy, alright whatever... I'm not going to be mean.

You're one of 37,637 out of 7,177,724 so far that voted for that guy. I guess you stick to your....guns.

hahaha.. told kabar he sticks to his guns. you're a cool dude....hahah...

*walks out of the room holding his ribs*

Originally posted by KaBar2@Nov 3 2004, 01:28 AM

Nobody likes losing an election, it sucks. Here's the good news--they often run from the extremes, but to GOVERN, they must do so from the MIDDLE. If Bush wins, it will certainly be no "mandate," not with the vote split 50-50. He must moderate his views, or risk priming the pump for the Democrats in 2008.

What?! Bush lost the 2000 popular vote, and he certainly didn't govern from the middle. Why should he have to? He's got Republican control of the House, the Senate, and the Supreme Court.

I'm convinced you typed the above statement in 2000 and just replaced '2004' with '2008.' Bush has NO reason to govern from the middle now, not that he ever has or would.

Poop Man Bob---

Come on man, you know that the "popular vote" doesn't mean anything. The only vote that really counts is the Electoral Vote, and we have had a couple of instances in history where an elector refused to vote the way the popular vote indicated he should.

It's like the "popular vote" at a baseball game. Only the referee's vote counts, the crowd's displeasure notwithstanding. We do not live in a DEMOCRACY. We live in a Constitutional Republic. And according to the Constitution, the Electoral College votes for President and Vice-President.

Originally posted by FratGuyJoe@Nov 3 2004, 01:42 AM

but the sad thing is that half of the nation is actually "down" with this. christian's own right now

More then half and i like to slap them all. This is taking us into the shiter.

this has nothing to do with the "too far left" this is a case of people having their worst fears played on and told that Kerry "will" let it happen again, even though it happened on who's watch? right Bush was in office and we got attacked, if anything Kerry's on top cause we've not been attacked while he's in office and at this point we wont be. To play on fears instead of issues is pussy/ debo bullshit.

last night in Texas bush made his last speech in which he said "... and some times im mangle the English language, i get that from my father..." later he said " He was all for education and there would be 'no' child left behind..." yet his remedial ass can barely speak the most common language in the world. He is the intellectual inferior of every other world leader. How can the most powerful country in the world elect such an embarrassing ass-bandit?