Watching c-span...

villain

This is seriously fucked up. Everytime I watch c-span I am appalled at what this government is getting away with. Where are all the principled republicans? This is like watching a poker tournament between super villains...

In a matter of an hour or two, I've watched democrats propose amendments to the agricultral appropriations bill dealing with all sorts of good natured, sensible things, being stuck down, one after the other, with the same excuse...

In a matter of an hour or two I've learned that http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/

only has something like 18% of the clinical trials for drugs that it's supposed to.

I've learned that Dr. Graham of the FDA was relieved of his position because he spoke out against the safety of drugs such as vioxx (which is now pulled from the market anyways).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6520630/

I've learned that there are soon to be genetically engineered fish farms... and the democrats proposed an amendment to postpone this because scientists and representitives of the commercial fishing sector are concerned about evidence showing that if these fish were to escape into wild populations, they would overcome natural populations... worse still, they may not be able to even reproduce after so many generations.... they said that we could be experiencing the extinction of all salmon in 40 generations (that's fish generations).

Representative Weiner of New York brought to our attention (in a humorous manner) that the homeland security appropriations bill distributed funds evenly across all states, resulting in Wyoming having the highest amount of funding per capita, and New York and California having the lowest and second to lowest amount of funding per capita.

I learned that the USDA blocked private companies from testing their own products for mad cow disease.... People can't even test their own cows anymore!

Fucking republicans are taking over and fucking us all over. Fucking selfish bastards.... I can't beleive the amount of corruption within this party.... People really need to hold their representatives accountable.

Driving our country to hell and they don't give a damn as long as they are making a buck. What the fuck.. .this is so fucked up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I also see that the Bush administration has had a hardon for ElBaradei of the IAEA since he criticized the WMD intelligence on Iraq...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Dec11.html

Here's an aside: I recently heard that agricultural subsidies in the US depresses the prices of agricultural products worldwide. Gives me a whole new perspective when I hear about farmers in Colombia or in Afghanistan complaining they can't earn enough without growing cocaine or opium....

Vicious circles everywhere.

Yes, this is true..republicans are fucking us over...democrats are rolling over and taking it for the most part...and our country is becoming a weirder place (at leat for me) with every passing day.

more so, along with laws and policy taking us backwards everyday, with the advances and social change we saw during the sixties and seventies being stripped away, the overall tide of public opinion in this country is being reshaped by these puppet politicians and the corporations and special interest groups they serve and conspire with. Its disgusting, you can see it in the daily diatribes of people like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and even endorsed in racist, ignorant editorials in magazines like vice. Being bigoted, close minded, and anti-pc is the new "hip" shit is sad.

Yeah i don't even watch tv anymore... If I do I'll watch history channel or some shit. Watch the news... but if I do watch the news it's for about 15 minutes... that's about how long it takes for the news to start repeating... some real substantial programming for ya there...

If you want news you should watch c-span. That's our government, uncut and unspun...

Major Owens (D-New York) is laying it wide open right now... This is amazing... he's breaking it all down.