watch your mouth

POIESIS

http://abcnews.go.com/US/print?id=247437

School Talent Show Draws Secret Service

Colorado Band Singing Dylan Song Seen as Threatening President Bush

"You might say that I'm young. You might say I'm unlearned, but there's one thing I know, though I'm younger than you, even Jesus would never forgive what you do ... And I hope that you die and your death'll come soon. I will follow your casket in the pale afternoon. And I'll watch while you're lowered down to your deathbed. And I'll stand o'er your grave 'til I'm sure that you're dead."...

http://www.kron.com/Global/story.asp?s=%20%201268949

Secret Service Questions Students

Some teachers in Oakland are rallying behind two students who were interrogated by the Secret Service. That followed remarks the teenagers made about the President during a class discussion. The incident has many people angry.

For years the classroom has been the setting for the free expression of ideas, but two weeks ago certain ideas led to two students being taken out of class and grilled by the United States Secret Service.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

loose lips sink ships?

seriously it's not the secret service that I have a problem with,

it's the snitches that actually think some teenage angst kid is

going to make good on some (joke) threat. please.

When people cant make jokes without fear of being taken seriously....

I posted this same thing at another site.. You'll see that it's not as liberal-friendly as this site is.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Does this ring a bell? Hello?

Tim

Good man..

I feel so trampled and oppressed. I don't live in a country where I can make threats to a secret service protectee without consequence or responsibility. If we keep going down this spiral, soon I won't be able to assemble peacefully to take a crap on my neighbor's kids while pouring sugar in his gas tank. What a horrible infraction on my civil liberties that will be.

Hello…does this ring a bell...Title 18, Section 3056, United States Code…

The Secret Service strives to maintain a safe environment for the President and other protectees. To accomplish this task, the Secret Service calls upon other federal, state and local agencies to assist on a daily basis...

The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees; counterfeiting of U.S. currency or other U.S. Government obligations; forgery or theft of U.S. Treasury checks, bonds or other securities; credit card fraud; telecommunications fraud; computer fraud; identify fraud; and certain other crimes affecting federally insured financial institutions...

Agents and officers of the Secret Service can carry firearms; execute warrants issued under the laws of the United States; make arrests without warrants for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony recognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed such felony; offer and pay rewards for services and information leading to the apprehension of persons involved in the violation of the law that the Secret Service is authorized to enforce; investigate fraud in connection with identification documents, fraudulent commerce, fictitious instruments and foreign securities; perform other functions and duties authorized by law. The Secret Service works closely with the United States Attorney's Office in both protective and investigative matters.

I volunteered to work with the Secret Service this summer as Bush visited twice. Once as a driver in the motorcade and once as a bouncer at the event. It felt very gratifying to give something back, instead of the usual take take take take and whine about it attitude.

Those boys take their job seriously and have the right to do whatever necessary to protect their trustees.

KTO

Did you even read the article

Let me sum it up for you

"Even worse, they say, is the fact that the students were grilled by federal agents without legal counsel or their parents present, just the principal.

"When one of the students asked, 'do we have to talk now? Can we be silent? Can we get legal council?' they were told, 'we own you, you don't have any legal rights,'" Felson says.

"We don't want federal agents or police coming in our schools and interrogating our children at the whim of someone who has a hunch something might be wrong," Lopez says."

Are you actually saying that this should be allowed?

KC

Yes, I did. Did you read my post?

The point I made was, If you find this action offensive you should be roasting the teacher not the Secret Service.

She felt the kids actions were beyond the bounds of mere criticism. She, in turn contacted the Secret Service.

The Secret Service then followed up on the lead in a manner they had every right to. If a federal or local agent razzed me in an effort to uphold the law, keep my family safe, keep kid's un-pooped and gastanks un-sugared... I wouldn't be pissed... I'd say "Thank you".

After reading it I would be offended...that is, if I was ungrateful by nature and believed every overblown lefty spin I was spoon fed in the paper.

KTO

over reaction by both the secret service and mostly the faculty.

art

agreed...

Also over-reaction by the kids, media, and us on this non-newsworthy event.

KTO

Gross overreaction on both parts. What was done by the secret service was overkill by far. If you think their actions are just, then you are insane. These are KIDS!!! KIDS say what they feel and what comes to mind. If you believe that the government should silence all free thought & expression, then I guess you would like this country to now become communist. That's where we're heading. Every day I see this kind of crap and then hear people say what a good job the government did by taking away a persons constitutional rights. Cool!! I love having my freedom stripped away from me slowly and bit by bit. It's great. I wake up every morning and think, "Wow, today might be the last day I can say 'F*** Bush' without getting shot." I think that's great. Really, I love it. Please, PLEASE take my rights away!! I'd love to be just a brainwashed mindless follower of the complete moron we voted into power... Oh, wait, I didn't vote for that bitch ass nigga!!!!

BR

Agreed...one side is brainwashed. I'm from a media poisoned "blue" metro, but luckily, all don't live in the world according to George Sorros.

map2.jpg

KTO

This is what I deal with when it comes to ANYTHING even remotely close to politics.. Fucking frustrating... I've literally gone at this guy for ten's of pages... He's a fucking prick..

A side note, that teachers house should be firebombed or something...

Yeah we can't say the truth, while they get to say anything they want.

It was rather shocking when I heard Pat Robertson or whatever the fuck his name is on the Christian Broadcast Network say "Jaque Chriac is the one man standing between us and good relations with the french people." This is a fucking "christian" saying these lies. WTF does he want? Regime change? The french will welcome us as liberators? This shit is straight retarted.

Amazing...I'm going with Steve Austin on this one. Don't these fools have anythting better to dow ith their time than pester a couple of teenagers. I'm sure there is a much more deviant threat to the American soil than a song and dance about how stupid the president is. I was just telling someone the other day to watch what they say on 12oz because there's always some schmuck willing to make your day hell just for a giggle and a news story..

*Spelling correction

Archived