War Coverage

Smart

So this is more of a stand back thread... just looking at the whole spectacle... like how every news channel has put it's, uh, composers, to work on marches... The song on MSNBC has bells while the one on Fox is just a big ass drum solo with EXTRA timpanis!!!

Fox takes the cake for being willing to report every rumor AND blatantly pump jingoism, which seems weird because they're owned by an Austrailian... I also like how the Fox intro montage has an eagle that shoots lasers, giving this war the high-tech feel it so richly deserves...

Also, a note on translators, I've found that sometimes it's better to watch the Iraqi press conferences on MSNBC or CNN because the Fox translator stammers, takes long pauses, and breathes heavy... but sometimes lately everyone has the same shitty translator...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dr. Drew

smart gets his news from FOX and MSNBC.

no wonder his views are so slanted toward the pro-war side.

i watch both MSNBC and CNN. they're kinda opposite, so i can see both sides of the coin. both have valid points, and both can be full of shit.

Originally posted by Dr. Drew

smart gets his news from FOX and MSNBC.

no wonder his views are so slanted toward the pro-war side.

i watch both MSNBC and CNN. they're kinda opposite, so i can see both sides of the coin. both have valid points, and both can be full of shit.

Sure I watch them, and Univision, C-span, and my boy can get Al Jazeera but I dont know what it means, he explains, his parents are Palestinian so he speaks arabic... They support the war, btw... but that doesn't mean I don't consider many sources before making my personal decisions...

Guest BROWNer

well i don't have tv and i'm majorly fucking glad for it.

my dad has been giving me some cool little tidbits though..

my specifics are probably off, but i hear one of the american networks,

or maybe more than one, constantly runs its iraq coverage

with the permanent headline "America Fights Back"...that's good.

by comparison, canadian networks like CBC run a permanent

headline "War In Iraq".

i've also heard fox referred to as 'bush tv'.

I enjoy the Military analyst's on foxnews better.

That belasomething dude and that old dude with the killer mustache.

Fox news has also has some killer exclusive footage from that 3ID recon patrol in Baghdad the last day.

fox news isnt even news, its just like reality tv or something. worst coverage ever. id really like to see this eagle that shoots lasers.

holy shit, i cant believe they have an eagle that shoots laser beams.

when do the dogs that bark and shoot killer bees come out?

fox is such a joke.

they just compared educations on w. cheney and rice compared to jenifer aniston and some other people that all called the pres. stupid.

its us who are stupid. i swear, the president mocks us from bush tv.

like when i seen it on fox tv before the war when millions of people protested world wide and his response was somthing along the lines of "well if i listened to the protesters that would be like letting a focus group make the decision"

and i was like, wait-the war is being pushed by a focus group of civilians at that and there was no decleration by the congress....so he basically just told the entire world to fuck off on national cable. doh.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

fox news isnt even news, its just like reality tv or something. worst coverage ever. id really like to see this eagle that shoots lasers.

holy shit, i cant believe they have an eagle that shoots laser beams.

when do the dogs that bark and shoot killer bees come out?

it happens around the top of the hour, or maybe when they switch anchors, but I think it's always at the top and the scren and says something like "total coverage" and the eagle flys from right to center, making a screech and shooting a laser from it's beak... (w/ a nice little impact explosion)

Yeah, Fox news is like a parody of the real news... like a bunch of rednecks took over a local channel... like you got channel 6, channel 8, channel 10 and 13, the Jerry Springer Audience channel...

That eagle sounds pretty funny, it needs a swastika in it. i had guessed it, and now I know where all these fuckin morons like mr pres and pistol get their bullshit from. Although Ive tried to avoid any war news in the past few days I usually check out FOX or channel 7 or whatever, theyre all the same(although ABC has suprisingly had some anti war opinions) then I check out the other end of the spectrum ie guardian,LA weekly. Then I try to find the happy medium that makes the most logical sense. Then I get bored and go on 12oz and argue to let off steam, or I beat up my baby son(it gives him character).

haha reaching for things to attack.

I didn't even say which channels I watch or listen to.

I prefer the military analyst's on fox rather than B. Macaffrey the former drug Czar.

Second I was pointing out that they had some extremely clean footage from up front when they were probing Baghdad city limits.

I just think this is some incredible stuff.

Think back 30 years ago it would take days or weeks for this type of stuff to be seen in the states. Now it's fed into our homes with 5 minutes.

It's an incredible world folks.

so, I was watching the Army walk around Sadaam's palace for 2 hours on Fox and then I switched over to CNN to watch the Iraqi Press Report where the 'mouthpiece' guy said they were "slaughtering" us and stuff...

but the absolute funniest was when the Brit reporter, who obviously has to be a bit of a diplomat because they could still shoot him, he says:

Well, you say there aren't any coalition troops in the city but there's fighting less than a mile and a half away...

so, the mouth says it's just 'clean-up' and I think repeated that we were being slaughtered....

still, you could just feel it in the british guys voice, like he was really saying, "Look over there! That's an American tank dude! Boy, he's really blowing up alot of your shit... oooh, that's gonna hurt..."

(well, that was my impression)

Originally posted by Smart

Fox takes the cake for being willing to report every rumor AND blatantly pump jingoism, which seems weird because they're owned by an Austrailian... I also like how the Fox intro montage has an eagle that shoots lasers, giving this war the high-tech feel it so richly deserves...

if there ever was a "republican" news network fox news would be it....you just cant expect too much out of those people...

really...theyre coverage make me want to vomit...no taste what so ever

Originally posted by BROWNer

i've also heard fox referred to as 'bush tv'.

there's a chapter in Michael Moore's book

about how a Fox executive (and Bush family member)

announced that Bush had wone the election before the votes were counted.

Then the supreme court declared that to recount the votes

would hurt the Presidents ability to govern the country.

They already knew Bush was in before they counted all the votes.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Kilo7-

there's a chapter in Michael Moore's book

about how a Fox executive (and Bush family member)

announced that Bush had wone the election before the votes were counted.

Then the supreme court declared that to recount the votes

would hurt the Presidents ability to govern the country.

They already knew Bush was in before they counted all the votes.

yea, preemptive news. that's almost psyops.

i read that over christmas..i thought it was pretty good..

still..something about his style bugs me..

i kind of prefer stuff like that to be more..rigorous..or somethin'.

whatever though, still a fun read. he gave props to greg palast.

I just saw that Fox guy Shepard ? declare today, 4.9.03 "V.I. Day" for victory in Iraq... seems a little audacious...

or maybe I'm wrong, perhaps I misinterpreted and he was actually being bodacious

I read somewhere once that those countries with international tax havens provide the best news anywhere. What are those countries again? Come on help me out. My brain is decaying. Bermuda? I've got a list written down somewhere but it would take me FOREVER to find it. I'm so unorganized. Someday I hope to organize all my moogle files.

as I said before, I watch a bunch of things but for press conferences or when they tore down the statue I watch fox because their picture quality is the best, but I still flip around for different camera angles and stuff...

plus, Fox has definately had the best embedded reporters for the entire war, that part is just undeniable, I don't have to believe what they say but I feel pretty good about being able to see some of it for myself...

Guest BROWNer

i don't have cable, but just from the walks of

life i've talked to, 100% of them refer to fox and cnn's coverage as quote "disgusting".

the few people that do watch it tell me they watch it more for

the entertainment value of such absurdity..

Archived