Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Wanted: Cotton Belt Engine flix...

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Bosco, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Bosco

Bosco Member

Well, I don't live in the West, although I used to live on the St. Louis Southwestern (AKA Cotton Belt) mainline in a small town in Texas, but Im looking for some Cotton Belt engine flix(black paintscheme w/ red on the front and rear nose, white lettering) , mainly side flix or at a slight angle. I've developed an interest for this fallen flag, once UP gobbled up SP and affiliated SSW, and trying to get my hands on some hard copy pictures. Im willing to trade railfan flix from the South or whatever, any help is appreciated. Feel free to post here or email me.

2. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

go to http://www.railarc.org and in the field marked "Reporting Marks" put "SSW" and click search. should get you a assload of photos.

3. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

shit, didnt read that all first. cant help you on real flix.

4. Bosco

Bosco Member

thats straight, Im still gonna check it out...

5. krowteN

krowteN Member

i got a cotton belt engine flik. it has an ocho and dream piece on it from 89. it aint for tradin though, just for lookin at. remind me and ill try and bring it to the bench this weekend.

hollar at a player!

6. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

i think i can help you greatly. theres a line of engines on the exterior of my main yard. the line leaves and comes back and moves around often. as soon as i see it again i'll grab a couple of em for you...i know theres an old sp cotton belt there now...i'll let you know when i get it...

7. Bosco

Bosco Member

Thanks for looking into getting some flix for me SPflatty, have the Cotton Belt units in your yard been downgraded to switching the yard? I guess UP felt they couldn't spare the yellow paint for em...keep me posted if you catch em.

ZedisDed, sounds like a catch, I dunno if you heard but we caught some interesting stuff rolling last Sat, I'll drop you an email.

8. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

all thats there right now is a reg sp old school unit. the cotton belts arent runnin, they're all grimed out, its awesome. just gotta wait till they move em back...this yard has no rhyme or reason...i'll mail you when i get em...

9. Bosco

Bosco Member

alright, thanks in advance.

10. nvOne

nvOne Member

I have a few. email me.. im trying to email you but these library computers are being shitty right now

11. Bosco

Bosco Member

I just emailed you