Wanna know a little something about Travels.

Guest Propaganda

Guest Propaganda

How many of you been on travels around the world? I was thinking of hitting up amsertdam germany and london. Europe is a big place I wanna go and chill at. I tend to love their culture. Next prob after that I wanna stay at japan for a while too. I dunno the cost or plans for it though. How bout you out there.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I am finishing up a year in Europe right now.

Costs are pretty cheap if you head towards more Eastern countries in Europe that dont have the Euro yet. (The dollar is getting killed by the Euro right now)

As far as flights it isnt that bad round 400-500 dollars roundtrip. (That is what I payed to Austria)

Cheap places to go:

Slovenia, Croatia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

alot of spots in europe are stupid expensive if you dont know where to shop. tourists are easy targets for alot of people, ive seen people pay 75 euro for a 4 block cab ride. just because they have no idea where they were going. but if you shop outside of city centers shit is alot cheaper, dont eat out much, in italy you can cook a full meal for like 3 people for under 2 euro, this is in central rome, if you know how to look. throw in another 1 euro and you can score wine. or you can get stupid hosed and pay like 20 euro for a dinner in a restaraunt. its so hard to say, i mean if your an idiot, youll get ripped off, if your smart, you wont, or if your going on mommys credit card youll have a blast.

Originally posted by PedroHammers

I am finishing up a year in Europe right now.

Mister PedroHammers, Mind sharing details of your trip? I'm looking into spending around a year or so frolicking on that side of the pond(very soon). Are you bouncing around in hostels? After being there nearly a year, have you spent a lot? I've heard around 20-30 USD a day is average expenditure. What do you think of this? Anybody else have any tips or advice or or or stories where you engaged in merrymaking in europe...please share. thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Love,

TRAMP/slut

Originally posted by seeking

london and japan are both stupid expensive.

if you arent rich, dont bother.

i wasn't minted last time i headed to london, but i still had a proper dutty time rudebwoi. definately somewhere to check out, even if just to be able to say "yeah, i been to london holmes"

...Lived in Germany for 2 months. Nothing's

too expensive over there, I'd say prices for

most things (aside from things like food)

are about equal. Goods seemed to be less

expensive than in the states where things like food seemed to be more. Drugs are

crazy cheap and quality... ($115/oz for

Blueberry brought directly by train from

Amsterdam). Beer, as I'm sure you'd

guess, is cheaper than any soft drink

anywhere you go.

...been to Amsterdam 4 times (only for a

day at a time each, though)... prices are

pretty even to Germany. I didn't do much

other than eat mushrooms and hang out in

font of 1300 year old year old churches.

Been in four countries on two continents in

a day.

What exactly do you wanna know?

Guest imported_Europe

Yeah, what do you wanna know?

Come on over like everyone else, at least you dont have to be finger-printed upon entry...

ive been around the world, well to the US Brazil and Europe, i didnt enjoy london so much, but i went out to other parts of the UK and loved it. Amsterdam is fantastic i didnt want to leave. brazil is awesome but from what i hear Rio is getting more and more dangerous. the drug lords are waging war against the police, when i was there, i went to a mall to buy some shorts, i found out the next day in the newspaper that a bomb was detonated there just after i left. which was crazy. lots of shoot outs and shit there now too.

my friend spent a month in Thailand and said it was wonderful.

Obviously, the hard part is scavenging money for airfare, but everything over there is cheap.

My plan is to eventually save up enough $ to fly over to europe and spend a month there, just backpacking around.

Who knows when that'll ever happen tho, the way my $ situation is working!

Originally posted by wiseguy

brazil is awesome but from what i hear Rio is getting more and more dangerous

Brazil is big. Go somewhere else besides the big cities :o

My ex was from Sao Paulo and always used to tell me how crazy the big cities were in Brazil. Try going to the little beach towns along the coast, there's one, "Bahia" (have no idea if thats right) that my ex always wanted to take me to. Small little beach town with colonial architecture leftover from the 1800's.

Originally posted by TRAMP

Mister PedroHammers, Mind sharing details of your trip?

Fairly simple, but not so simple... I came over here after being accepted to a program at the University of Vienna, one of the main reasons I applied to the school was in order to get a one year Visa... but as I have learned you can basically stay over here as long as you wish without a Visa as long as you leave the country every 90 days and go to a country that is not in the European Union (ie all of the Eastern European countries) and upon coming back to a Western European country get a stamp in your passport... ... being in Vienna is good place for a base, Slovakia is a half an hour away and it costs 16 euros roundtrip... the Czech Republic one hour by train...

I was lucky and knew somebody that lived here already and shared a flat so I have had a place to stay since I got here.

As for hostels... they are cheap especially if you are a student or can produce a student card or are under 26 years of age.

As for everyday living... a pack of cigarettes costs me 2.90 euros, a bottle of wine costs 2.00 euros at the market, beers at a bar are 2.80 euros and you dont have to tip.

As for working, a good place to look to are Irish or English pubs, they are always looking for people that speak English to work the bar, they pay well and it is off the books, or if you can cook that is another bonus.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

what are the drinking ages in most of the european countries? 18? do they even have any?

"In Europe, teenagers learn how to drink gradually, not excessively. "

i found this here

id really like to go to europe for a year or so and just go from place to place. america doesnt appeal to me yet as they have 21 years of age drinkin laws, so thats still another 3 years away. id like to go to america around 25ish or so i rekin.

i agree, save a japan trip for when you strike it rich. the same amount of money spent on a weekend japan trip could equal a month or more in thailand. the japanese rarely travel within their own country. they`d rather take a flight to hawaii. south america and asia are great for a poor man`s pocket.

so..... who lives in europe and is wanting to put me up with a bed for a while huh ? :D Anyone around london/england :D :lol: oh, also, im ppleading for everyone on 12oz to donate $5 to me to make my trip as well

Archived