Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Wanna know a little something about Travels.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Propaganda, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Propaganda

Propaganda Guest

How many of you been on travels around the world? I was thinking of hitting up amsertdam germany and london. Europe is a big place I wanna go and chill at. I tend to love their culture. Next prob after that I wanna stay at japan for a while too. I dunno the cost or plans for it though. How bout you out there.

2. PedroHammers

PedroHammers Dirty Dozen Crew

I am finishing up a year in Europe right now.
    Costs are pretty cheap if you head towards more Eastern countries in Europe that dont have the Euro yet. (The dollar is getting killed by the Euro right now)
    As far as flights it isnt that bad round 400-500 dollars roundtrip. (That is what I payed to Austria)
    Cheap places to go:
    Slovenia, Croatia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

3. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Add Poland to the list above , as well. London is really expensive. Take a lot of cash and be well prepared to spend! :)

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

london and japan are both stupid expensive.
    if you arent rich, dont bother.
    stick to just about anyplace else in asia, and european countries that arent...well...london.

5. S@T@N

S@T@N Senior Member

seeking, do you mean London specifically or all of England? I've always
    wanted to visit but I don't really have the time now

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i dont know, i was only in london. im assuming any place that has the pound is gonna be retarded expensive though.

7. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

alot of spots in europe are stupid expensive if you dont know where to shop. tourists are easy targets for alot of people, ive seen people pay 75 euro for a 4 block cab ride. just because they have no idea where they were going. but if you shop outside of city centers shit is alot cheaper, dont eat out much, in italy you can cook a full meal for like 3 people for under 2 euro, this is in central rome, if you know how to look. throw in another 1 euro and you can score wine. or you can get stupid hosed and pay like 20 euro for a dinner in a restaraunt. its so hard to say, i mean if your an idiot, youll get ripped off, if your smart, you wont, or if your going on mommys credit card youll have a blast.

8. TRAMP

TRAMP Member

Mister PedroHammers, Mind sharing details of your trip? I'm looking into spending around a year or so frolicking on that side of the pond(very soon). Are you bouncing around in hostels? After being there nearly a year, have you spent a lot? I've heard around 20-30 USD a day is average expenditure. What do you think of this? Anybody else have any tips or advice or or or stories where you engaged in merrymaking in europe...please share. thank you, and have a wonderful day.
    Love,
    TRAMP/slut

9. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i wasn't minted last time i headed to london, but i still had a proper dutty time rudebwoi. definately somewhere to check out, even if just to be able to say "yeah, i been to london holmes"

10. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

...Lived in Germany for 2 months. Nothing's
    too expensive over there, I'd say prices for
    most things (aside from things like food)
    are about equal. Goods seemed to be less
    expensive than in the states where things like food seemed to be more. Drugs are
    crazy cheap and quality... ($115/oz for
    Blueberry brought directly by train from
    Amsterdam). Beer, as I'm sure you'd
    guess, is cheaper than any soft drink
    anywhere you go.

...been to Amsterdam 4 times (only for a
    day at a time each, though)... prices are
    pretty even to Germany. I didn't do much
    other than eat mushrooms and hang out in
    font of 1300 year old year old churches.

Been in four countries on two continents in
    a day.

What exactly do you wanna know?

11. Yeah, what do you wanna know?
    Come on over like everyone else, at least you dont have to be finger-printed upon entry...

12. Flow ish

Flow ish Member

I wouldn't exactly call Amsertdam, Germany, London and Japan 'travelling the world'. Go to South America, Africa or elsewhere in Asia if you want to 'see the world'.
    Don't go where everybody else goes.

13. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

ive been around the world, well to the US Brazil and Europe, i didnt enjoy london so much, but i went out to other parts of the UK and loved it. Amsterdam is fantastic i didnt want to leave. brazil is awesome but from what i hear Rio is getting more and more dangerous. the drug lords are waging war against the police, when i was there, i went to a mall to buy some shorts, i found out the next day in the newspaper that a bomb was detonated there just after i left. which was crazy. lots of shoot outs and shit there now too.

14. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

my friend spent a month in Thailand and said it was wonderful.
    Obviously, the hard part is scavenging money for airfare, but everything over there is cheap.
    My plan is to eventually save up enough $ to fly over to europe and spend a month there, just backpacking around.
    Who knows when that'll ever happen tho, the way my $ situation is working!

15. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

Brazil is big. Go somewhere else besides the big cities :eek:
    My ex was from Sao Paulo and always used to tell me how crazy the big cities were in Brazil. Try going to the little beach towns along the coast, there's one, "Bahia" (have no idea if thats right) that my ex always wanted to take me to. Small little beach town with colonial architecture leftover from the 1800's.