Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Wanna be in the next Tony Hawk video?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by FR8HOUND, Aug 27, 2004.

1. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

This is an email I received today from a person who recently seen the video I produced, ''Sneak Attack vol 2 Trackside''..Anyone interested should contact the person listed in the email..later people..piece.

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is Dana MacKenzie, and I work for Neversoft Entertainment … the game developers behind the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater and Tony Hawk’s Underground series.

Anyhow, I was just checking out “Sneak Attack” and saw your email address. Currently we’re trying to round up original graf work for our next Hawk game, and thought I’d check with you to see if you had good hook-ups for artists who might be interested in showing off their work.

If you are interested, the way it works is this:

Collect nice high-rez digital pics of the art face-on, and hold onto them. We’re still waiting to get new artist release forms from Activision, who is the publisher of our games. Basically, we cannot show any art in the game without the consent of the artist. So, if you have stuff you’d like to see in the game I’d have to get a signed form from each guy.

After that, we’d put the stuff in the game and give full props to the artists in the game’s credits. No cash for the work, unfortunately. But given that each Hawk game has sold well over a million copies each year … it’s incredible exposure for the artists.

Anyhow, please let me know if you are interested or not.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

--Dana MacKenzie

Senior Graphic Designer

2. Tottenham

Tottenham Member

Mad niggerish

Isn't that just fucking splendid

3. Issac Brock

Issac Brock Elite Member

laws?

seems like a really good way to get busted. i guess if you stay away from your real graff name, youd be fine, but ive seen like rebel shit and stuff in tony hawk underground.

but i mean, youre sending shit you did that matches the illegal shit you did, and then giving your name and a signature.

4. FR8HOUND

FR8HOUND Dirty Dozen Crew

you guys are way too paranoid..:lol: lighten up, drink a Yuengling..:D

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

6. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Although I agree that it is great exposure for whoever gets their art in the game, not getting paid for the work is complete bullshit.

Frankly, Activision is being cheap and trying to get something for nothing. The video game indusrty is a multi-billion dollar industry. It brings in more money than Hollywood, for fucks sake. How are they not going to kick down a few bucks for the 'street cred' and realism that they are trying to re create?

Bullshit, i say.

7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

agreed. the tony hawk games are some of the best selling video games of all time (all of em went like a zillion times platinum). do you reckon the musicians that contributed to the games did it for free to get "exposure"?

8. chuck taylor

chuck taylor Member

man fuck that do you get paid every time you do a piece on the street? thats just a good ass way of gettin up, thats nationwide exposure fuck the dumb shit

9. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, but if they're going to make a mint with your help (however small that contribution may be), are you telling me you wouldn't want your cut?

don't be stupid

10. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

they dont have to pay for that shit so they wont

its all good

11. opshop

opshop New Jack

noticed in one of the last games 'bates' had some bombs up on the walls throughout the skating courses...

12. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

that would be a great deal for wallnuts,tats,rtd production crews.. sure why not.

13. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

DANA MAC-OINK-OINK AND A HALF.:rolleyes:

14. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

DANA MAC-OINK-TIMES 50:rolleyes:

15. ihatevry1

ihatevry1 Member

how you supposed to get in touch with this person??