Walking along the tracks,enjoying rolling stock.A railfan's day at his favorite place

just~someone~else~

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 5th wheel

ya man...these are the kinda flics that get me pumped ...i donno why.....love it........post more straight up railfan stuff....lovin it..

can you give me a vague idea as to where youre located?

none of the scenery looks too familiar..

but.

i saw either that dead animal, or a animal in the EXACT same positioning, dead on some tracks right near my house.

i know youre all going to think 'well, theres thousands of dead track animals" but thats exactly what i saw. perhaps im out of it.

Originally posted by deformatron

Remote controlled freights? Ill openly admit that i dont know nearly as much as most of yall on this forum but freights rolling around by remote control seems pretty wacky to me. Is this a common practice or is this only in real big, middle of nowhere yards?

The CANAC beltback is a wonderfull device! thats what those signs refer too...CP has a bunch of switchers equipped with this system. It alows CP to cut staffing by having the engineer control the engine while outside and on the ground, allowing him to do all the switching himself. Its a great device in terms of being able to switch much more smoothly....you dont have to rely on hand signals or judgement of a brakeman on the ground, you can be in his shoes and still control the engine.

nice shots...that line with the CPAAs and the KCS autmaxes is amazing...daytimes like what!

Guest fr8lover

yeah if there were ever a time to shed a tear at a picture, seeing flats and new kcs autoracks sitting in the middle of a wooded scene would be one. holy shit.

Originally posted by fr8oholic

are you kidding me?????????????????????????????????????

where is this and how much is an apartment...?

the first flick is actually a scrap yard, most of the trains need to be repainted, repaired, or get new wheels...

most of those freights haven't left in a year(except the wheaties)...also that yard has the main cp headquarters in ontario?canada?(not sure which) further down the line, so the best cars are unpaintable......the second shot is somewhere out in the country(i didn't take either of those shots..)

Guest 203-TD4

not to be the dick of the bunch; but where is all the graff?!? that is kinda like me postin a bunch of blank walls... i dont want scenery i want destruction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by fr8oholic

are you kidding me?????????????????????????????????????

where is this and how much is an apartment...?

im sayin dun. you and me...roomies..

Archived