Waking Life

Guest xgoldfrontsx

Guest xgoldfrontsx

Has anyone seen the film Waking Life!?!?

Go see it as soon as possible. It just came out on video recently. It was made by Richard Linklater who made Slacker, Before Sunrise, Dazed and Confused, etc. It's animated, but not like a cartoon at all. It's hard to explain. Different artists did different parts of the film. They painted over the actual film stills. It's damn cool. Imagine this...You're wondering around this city and you just randomly start an intensly deep conversation with someone you've never met. It's nothing short of amazing. Me and my friends saw it in the theater and we couldn't talk for the rest of the night after.

www.wakinglifemovie.com

check it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dyptheria

it really was a great movie. i like the philosophical thgougts, but the parts about the guy finding out if he's dreaming were kinda not as good. i still give it a n A plus

Guest Ted Wakowski

Check out the dvd if you can. There's commentary on just about everything - the dialogue, the filmmaking, the animation, the software used to create it, the artists themselves, etc. There's even a section where you can watch a lot of the dv footage and see what it looked like before it was animated over.

*In the freight-yard scene the train hopper and Wiley Wiggins walk right past an Else freight.

definately a great film...but did anyone else get what the movie actually questioned? i like how they explained lucid dreaming too. I think the animation was made like that to symbolize a dream...seeing that dude was dreaming the whole time. It's wild, its like the scene will be half real, and half animated, and same with the actors. check it out.

• 3 months later...

i saw this last night..

excellent dialogue, great ideas, although some of the animation i wasn't too keen on ..

i'm reeeeeallllly picky when it comes to that though..

anyhow, it got me thinking..

but the i went to sleep and woke up and still didn't remember shit about my dreams..

must start writing down!!

yeah

good movie

go see

learn

think

oh yeah

and there was defintitely some graf on the train cars, you couldn't see it though..

they walked past a boxcar and i though i was gonna catch someshit, but the angle was too sharp..

they walked down the line further and i saw that there was maybe a piece on the boxcar, but they were too far away...it was just a blob

Guest PAYROLL
Originally posted by Dyptheria

"i'm gonna fuck you up with some apache style shit!"

Misquoting ass motherfucker! "No. Better yet, some of that old Apache shit; I'll cut your eyelids off." That's how it goes. But an excellent movie. Much better than Dazed and Confused and the others. Favorite line: "You sell your waking life for minimum wage, but they get your dreams for free." No shit.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest 40ozProphet

Freshest movie ever! It's even better for me("Are you a dreamer?"), since I'm really into lucid dreams. Ill movie. I gotta get it on DVD.:idea:

i saw the movie a while ago, my fav part was when a group of guys were walking down the street talking and they see an old guy on a telephone pole, and the guy talking says- his problem is hes all action with no theory; our problem is were all theory with no action". i think it went somthing like that, it was great.

that movie was awsome

Archived