Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

waking life

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by kaesthebluntedwonder, Dec 16, 2001.

1. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

anyone in here seen waking life yet? i've only seen ads for it and it looks like it might be something worth checking out. and if anyone knows about other films like it, please share....

2. Iris

Iris Banned

i saw it about a week and a half ago. it's not made for amusement. the movie is this genius philosophy physics lesson with this shaky animation. i loved it.... although. have you seen mulholand drive? that movie made no fuckin sense.

3. kaesthebluntedwonder

that's what i heard about waking life...it's only out in select theatres though, right? and.... is mulholand drive also animated?

4. Iris

Iris Banned

i don't see why you don't just im me. but no mulholland drive it not animated and it has a dirty lesbian sex scene smack in the middle of it.

5. Don't go watch "Waking Life" when you're tired, or you'll fall asleep with quickness, regardless of how interesting everything in it is. And be prepared to leave the theater with a fully blown mind (regardless of having smoked or not), it really fucks with your head and makes you think. It's all pop philosophy, no revolutionary groundbreaking stuff, but it's still pretty mindboggling. The animation, which is pretty fucking amazing, will hold your interest for only half an hour, after which you'll be so engrossed in thought you won't pay attention to all the cool shit happening in it.

I've decided I'm gonna buy that movie, cause it's a great philosophy crash course, and it's gonna take a few viewings to digest all the theories in it. Beer,

El Mamerro

6. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

you kids wanna watch a good movie? get vanilla ice's "cool as ice" i watched that tonight with my crew...its a thinkin mans movie!

7. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

you kids are late. I started a topic about this like 2 weeks ago. which means im better than you....not really, at all..

anyway. I liked the movie, it was good, but it got a little slow. I agree that the animation rocked for like 30 minutes, and some really good philisophical stuff. but yeah.

8. kaesthebluntedwonder

memento really fucks with your head too

9. Iris

Iris Banned

the wiggly characters made my head hurt.

10. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

yo baby drop the zero and get with a real hero :cool:

11. CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel

CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel New Jack

waking life was good. too long and drawn-out but decent nonetheless.
    id prefer tom hanks and meg ryan in you got mail anyday.

12. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

isnt the main character in waking life the same guy that played the young kid with the long hair in dazed and confused?

13. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

yes

14. Iris

Iris Banned

damn i knew i recognized him. hey...

HAS ANYONE SEEN MULHOLLAND DRIVE????

the movie made no sense to me and i'd like someone's opinion.

15. Iris

Iris Banned