Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"Waking Life"=AWSOME MOVIE

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ToYs, Jul 7, 2002.

1. ToYs

ToYs Guest

Ok who has seen it? This fucking movie blew my mind. seriously this is the best movie ive seen in years.
    [​IMG]
    the whole movie looks like this exept its not normal animation... its almost like they put the whole movie thru a photoshop filter. its hard to explain. anyways if you havent GO GET THIS MOVIE.

2. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

What is the movie about. Do you have a link to a site describing it or selling it or somthing?

3. ToYs

ToYs Guest

4. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

I wish I ate some mushroooms before watching that crap. The best part is where the guy w/ the loudspeaker is going around town jabbbering some funny shit. The ending was all-time 'crapfuck'!

5. girl-lies

girl-lies Junior Member

yeah, good shit.

6. DMX

DMX Guest

it's pretty much impossible to describe. you just have to see it. just be ready to have your mind blown. i'd do anything to get ahold of the script for that movie.

i actually thought a few parts were kind of corny, like the "holy moment" guy. that guy sucked, i wanted to punch him. but except for a couple parts like that, waking life is definately one of the most amazing things i've seen in some time.

P.S. the soundtack for that movie is the dopest fucking thing ever. go buy it right now.

7. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

It's a great movie.

They filmed it live action and then animated over each scene with an animation program. I forgot what the program was, but some comapny made it for them. I forgot the company, too.

8. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

9. WISE

WISE Member

That moive was shitty as fuck. I couldn't stop looking at my watch the whole time, I almost got up and walked out. Would have been a mind fuck had I been blown or something, but sober - fuck a bunch of that.

10. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

Existentialism is very intresting.

So was the segment where Caveh Zahedi was talking about the "Holy Moment." It was funny.

I also enjoyed the theories about evolution.

11. platapie

platapie Guest

ive heard nothign but good things about it. and i will go get it as soon as it si released on video.

12. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth Senior Member

Waking Life is a very good movie. They didn't even release it in theaters here.

13. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

Finally saw this. Quite a trip. I look foward to seeing more movies done in this fashion. Some mind altering substances would of been much appreciated during viewing.

14. amItoolate?

amItoolate? Member

it was okay...i REALY liked the animation but i got the idea it was tryin to be all deep for the sake of thinkin deep, i mean i like a good deep brain stimulating conversation now and then, but see my old girlfriend would always be fascinated by this sorta thing and be tryin to get deep into thiught whith the whole "meaning of life" of "where do you go when you die' spill just because "its cool" and i feel thats how this movie was....but dope animation

15. Matthew13

Matthew13 Member

I saw that movie in the theaters...it's just like his other movie Slacker. I don't know...I liked the animation alot, but the movie itself was exactly like a acid trip. Which is good and bad...way too philisophical. I was eating some popcorn in the theaters and it was so quiet the whole fuckin' time that each bite was like echoing off the walls. I heard the way it's animated is that it was filmed in live action, and then they painted over the actual film....who knows. Ford already used the style for one of their comercials though.

matthewlucyintheskywithdiamondsthirteen.