Waiting to move in

Guest MR BOJANGLES

Guest MR BOJANGLES

Has anyone had to do the bullshit credit check, background check to move some mediocre place before? Jesus Christ, these people are acting like I'm moving into Fort Knox. The first place made me wait almost a week for everything to "go through" only to turn me down in the end. That was a week wasted I could've been looking for a new place. My lease is up in like 3 days and I still don't have a definite answer. I've got the loot, My shit is packed, I just need them to get my DNA results back or something. Anyone else ever go through this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been through the background check for mediocre places.

They only did a reference check though, never a credit check-that shit is your business not some rental agreements business. I realize why they want to know but I'm pretty sure they are going a little over and beyond-you must look like a suspicious character.

Background check is when they call previous places you rented to see what kind of tenant you were.

If you lived at home and this is your first venture solo then sometimes they'll deny you just because you haven't had any "background" to check, which sucks because you end up in ghetto parts of town building up references.

I had so much problems getting into my first appartment. The whole credit check thing was rediculous. The only way around it that i know of is to either have some one co sign or you can save up for a 3 month lease and pay for the whole thing up front. From there all you have to do is resign the lease at 12 months or what ever you want to do. Getting a house was so much easier. We just want to see that you have a job.