Wacom tablet users. WHAT UP?

Guest kidlugz

Guest kidlugz

I want to buy this tablet>>> Intuos3 9x12 USB Tablet @ $589.00.

I hear the intuos models are the high end tablet from wacom. Any of you guys own one of these/have experience using one? Does it make drawing in illustrator or photoshop a dream?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've used it and still do. The high and low end wacoms do the same exact thing technically. The larger one allow you to draw in larger proportions. Using a tablet verses the mouse just allows you to draw and paint freehand plus trace. But if you're an illustrator or airbrusher, you'd appreciate the tablet for sure.

I've been using Wacom tablets for a short while now, both at home and at work - once you get past the clumsy hamfisted feel you get when you first use it, you'll wonder why you ever put up with a mouse before. I use the Intuos3 at work and it feels very slick plus the pen is superb.

I've found though if you have the deskspace, position the tablet in front of the keyboard rather than to the side like a mouse and it feels more instinctive.

ill say this.. i use one alot nowadays.. and i think it takes alot of time to train yourself how to use it. Ive worked in offices where people did mechanicals.. in quark strictly with tablets.. i have to make one major point which has not been made.. IT IS A SHITLOAD EASIER FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE RIGHT HANDED...

if youre left handed...all the key commands become complicated..

as for drawing in illustrator..

ive read quite a few tutorials on inking.. (for comics) in illustrator.. its ok.. but its still a pain in the ass.

I think its very useful depending on what kind of person you are and what kind of graphic/visual applications youre doing.

i did this the other night..in a few hours.. just so people can get an idea of what someone whose spent a year trying to use it can kinda do.

terrorwrist.jpg

• 2 weeks later...