Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Wacom tablet users. WHAT UP?

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by kidlugz, Jan 2, 2005.

1. kidlugz

kidlugz Guest

I want to buy this tablet>>> Intuos3 9x12 USB Tablet @ $589.00.

I hear the intuos models are the high end tablet from wacom. Any of you guys own one of these/have experience using one? Does it make drawing in illustrator or photoshop a dream?

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I've got a smaller Wacom tablet.
    I suck at photoshop and illustrator, so I barely use it anymore.

If I was better, i'm sure I'd say it works great.

3. Siob

Siob New Jack

I've used it and still do. The high and low end wacoms do the same exact thing technically. The larger one allow you to draw in larger proportions. Using a tablet verses the mouse just allows you to draw and paint freehand plus trace. But if you're an illustrator or airbrusher, you'd appreciate the tablet for sure.

4. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

save yourself some money and buy a re-ferb. i got an 11/18 for 250$ a year ago or so.

5. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

I think he knows what a tablet is, and you're leaving out the pressure sensitivity.

6. diggity

diggity Guest

a guy at work has one, he never really uses it. i think its sort of a pain in the ass when used with dual displays so i havent invested in one.

7. Mista_Merc

Mista_Merc Member

I've been using Wacom tablets for a short while now, both at home and at work - once you get past the clumsy hamfisted feel you get when you first use it, you'll wonder why you ever put up with a mouse before. I use the Intuos3 at work and it feels very slick plus the pen is superb.

I've found though if you have the deskspace, position the tablet in front of the keyboard rather than to the side like a mouse and it feels more instinctive.

8. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Junior Member

The low end versions only sense 256 levels of pressure while the high end
    ones sense 512 levels. I don't use it all then time but for some tasks it is
    indispensable.

9. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

ill say this.. i use one alot nowadays.. and i think it takes alot of time to train yourself how to use it. Ive worked in offices where people did mechanicals.. in quark strictly with tablets.. i have to make one major point which has not been made.. IT IS A SHITLOAD EASIER FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE RIGHT HANDED...

if youre left handed...all the key commands become complicated..

as for drawing in illustrator..

ive read quite a few tutorials on inking.. (for comics) in illustrator.. its ok.. but its still a pain in the ass.

I think its very useful depending on what kind of person you are and what kind of graphic/visual applications youre doing.

i did this the other night..in a few hours.. just so people can get an idea of what someone whose spent a year trying to use it can kinda do.

[​IMG]

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

we have one at work at one of the pc stations. no one uses it...I've thought about "borrowing it" several times.

I've got an off brand at home that wasn't too bad. Really fucking small though.

11. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

most everyone at my work is using a wacom, i really should get one for myself.