wack stlyed kings

*die*

how should you react to kings who still look toy. i've been pondering this for a while, i mean there's GHOST, great fading tech. but ugly style. there's MONE from TFP i believe who has horrible looking letters. and the list goes on and on. i mean it's great that they're up but they look mad ugly.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres a couple well known writers where Im from and its not that their shit is whack but that it is fucking repetitive. I mean Ive seen 200 of one of these guys freights and its the same 4 simple letters no changes pretty much every time. He might throw something new in every once in a while , but people still jock him like hes got the illest style ever. Fuck it I guess hes gotten up alot.

GHOST??? that kids font is known and copied in every city in this world that has graffiti. u need to step back, besides the fact that he pushed it harder than almost anyone in NYC history. Just because other people played out his style does not me it was wack.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

die, you really have no clue man... as far as im concerned ghost is a hundred times fresher than cope and loomit put together...

...............um, i dont think so but i guess that my opinion is that cope 2 has had more style and influence then ghost but thats just what i see..........................a hundred times better no i dont think so

check it i reconize that GHOST is mad up and put in some serious time into the game, but that doesnt mean that he doesn't have horrible style. CAP's king to but his throw is ugly. just cause someone's mad up and kind doesn't mean that his styles can't be ugly.to quote malcom X "when you can no longer recieve critisizim you can no longer change". for real i give em made props for how much he's put in the game all of em, but there shit looks ugly. for real if someone asked if their shit look wack i'll say yes. im mean there's so many kings being discussed with tight styles (reas ,saber ,espo ,twist just to name a few) so why can't ugly style ones be discused.

ghosts style might be ugly to you, but when i first started, ghost was one of my favorite writers. his letters were simple, but packed with such style, they were bursting at the seams. you might not see it, but that doesnt mean you get to judge for the rest of us. personaly, cope's pieces bore the fuck out of me. as do loomits, as a matter of fact, so do sabers, although i would hardly call him a king anyway. id rather look at ghost and five all day long.

another thing thats important here, is who receives the title of king. perhaps its just me, but as far as im concerned, it takes alot more than just 5 years of steady painting to be a 'king.' in my opinion, there isnt a single 'king' that has started in the last 15 years... kings were from a time before ours. which doesnt mean there arent some incredible writers to come out, but its a different world now a days.

ghosts style might be ugly to you, but when i first started, ghost was one of my favorite writers. his letters were simple, but packed with such style, they were bursting at the seams. you might not see it, but that doesnt mean you get to judge for the rest of us. personaly, cope's pieces bore the fuck out of me. as do loomits, as a matter of fact, so do sabers, although i would hardly call him a king anyway. id rather look at ghost and five all day long.

another thing thats important here, is who receives the title of king. perhaps its just me, but as far as im concerned, it takes alot more than just 5 years of steady painting to be a 'king.' in my opinion, there isnt a single 'king' that has started in the last 15 years... kings were from a time before ours. which doesnt mean there arent some incredible writers to come out, but its a different world now a days.

...no disrespect but are you talking about how he fills in and who do you think is hot if cope bores you besides ghost?

Guest blood as ink

ghost is rad..he does some weird stuff...but it's original.

but then again so is saber and i can't stand his style..i'll give him his "props" and whatnot but that's just my opinion.

people have different tastes that's all.

Originally posted by *die*

... im mean there's so many kings being discussed with tight styles (reas ,saber ,espo ,twist just to name a few) so why can't ugly style ones be discused.

I don't know, call me crazy, but I think at least two of those guys would laugh at you for days for saying that they had "tight" styles and ghost doesn't.

Guest blood as ink
Originally posted by mud_buddha

Actually, since you say REAS and ESPO have "tight" styles... I'm curious, how much of GHOST's stuff have you actually seen?

very good point.

Originally posted by mud_buddha

Actually, since you say REAS and ESPO have "tight" styles... I'm curious, how much of GHOST's stuff have you actually seen?

answer: not very much

and i've gotta say, if kid is mentioning espo and reas, obviously he's had a flick thru espo's book. now tell me those 2 ghost wholecars in there aren't super-fucking-fresh.

These guys have had their styles for so many years-and they have paid their dues a thousand times over-it's not their fault if kids "jock" them and jack elements from them.You must a least give them respect for what they have done--you say their shit looks ugly but to me..it looks fine.Tell me,what were you doing in 1980?...don't know about you-but I was about to go into kindergarten and liked playing with hot wheels.--I didn't even know what spray paint was....your arguement is going nowhere...

style is somthing personal just because you dont like it it doesnt mean that hundreds of others people should have the same taste.

artistic impression.

view.

style.

taste.

form.

line quality.

shape.

colour....

there are hundreds of variables. make a list if you are bored but dont follow sombody elses guidelines.

i know what people are sayin about ghosts style sometimes ill look at those letters and just hate em. i think what makes him dope besides being a hardcore ass bomber is the fact that his shit is so big, dynamic and in your face. his pieces are always so colorful and bold. it all comes down to personal taste and individual style. some people are in this game to paint the most intricate detailed pieces others are about huge sloppy shit. just cuz someone paints something outside the boundaries of what u would consider tight doesnt mean there shit sucks its just different. thats the thing about graffiti there are no rules u have to follow as long as u enjoy painting and get something out of it. thats what makes it so different than anything else on the earth(although that seems to be changing). putting boundaries on graffiti is putting a noose on graffiti. thats my opinion thanks for your time

actually i've seen alot of ghost's shit but after awhile i wondered why i was diggin him so much. actually i've watching ESPO, and REAS for while i mean All Out Kings AOK are hella fucking tight to me there's more that ESPO and REAS there's MESH, WANE(especailly wane he kill shit wit finese), PURE and i know GHOST is wit em but still, i like his original throw upside down and flipped,but i'm not feeling the sperm looking GH that i've been seeing. aside from Ghost there's MONE from TFP i mean the crew's dope as fuck but MONE isn't to me.

who do i think is hot if i dont like cope?

jessica alba is hot. milla jovovich is hot. lateita costa is hot. helena bonham carter is hot. monica belucci is hot. need i go on?

.........you forgot brook burke and carmen electra..........

Guest anonymous

man im soo fucking pissed that i didnt buy the playboy issue that brook burke was featured in..at the time i didnt have any cash and i just figured i would pick it up later...now all i can do is turn on E! and dream...and is it true that in canada E! shows all the shit they blur out in the U.S.?

Archived