1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

wack stlyed kings

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by *die*, Jan 24, 2002.

1. *die*

*die* 12oz Junior Member

wack stlyed kings

Discussion started by *die* - Jan 24, 2002

how should you react to kings who still look toy. i've been pondering this for a while, i mean there's GHOST, great fading tech. but ugly style. there's MONE from TFP i believe who has horrible looking letters. and the list goes on and on. i mean it's great that they're up but they look mad ugly.

*die* - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Jan 24, 2002

hmmmm, not the way i would have put your argument, but i agree that there are a few big names out there that haven't evolved of even fine-tuned their shit for 10+ years.

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. GrImeY

GrImeY 12oz Junior Member

GrImeY - Replied Jan 24, 2002

theres a couple well known writers where Im from and its not that their shit is whack but that it is fucking repetitive. I mean Ive seen 200 of one of these guys freights and its the same 4 simple letters no changes pretty much every time. He might throw something new in every once in a while , but people still jock him like hes got the illest style ever. Fuck it I guess hes gotten up alot.

GrImeY - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  4. 12345

12345 Banned

12345 - Replied Jan 24, 2002

GHOST??? that kids font is known and copied in every city in this world that has graffiti. u need to step back, besides the fact that he pushed it harder than almost anyone in NYC history. Just because other people played out his style does not me it was wack.

12345 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jan 24, 2002

die, you really have no clue man... as far as im concerned ghost is a hundred times fresher than cope and loomit put together...

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

fiberoptical - Replied Jan 24, 2002

nevermind. Just tell them how wack you think they are next time you see them...see how far that gets you.

fiberoptical - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. miz303

miz303 Banned

miz303 - Replied Jan 24, 2002

...............um, i dont think so but i guess that my opinion is that cope 2 has had more style and influence then ghost but thats just what i see..........................a hundred times better no i dont think so

miz303 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  8. DankLordz

DankLordz 12oz Senior Member

DankLordz - Replied Jan 24, 2002

CAP. I respect him for what he's done bombing and all, but alot of his stuff is pretty intense.

DankLordz - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. *die*

*die* 12oz Junior Member

*die* - Replied Jan 24, 2002

check it i reconize that GHOST is mad up and put in some serious time into the game, but that doesnt mean that he doesn't have horrible style. CAP's king to but his throw is ugly. just cause someone's mad up and kind doesn't mean that his styles can't be ugly.to quote malcom X "when you can no longer recieve critisizim you can no longer change". for real i give em made props for how much he's put in the game all of em, but there shit looks ugly. for real if someone asked if their shit look wack i'll say yes. im mean there's so many kings being discussed with tight styles (reas ,saber ,espo ,twist just to name a few) so why can't ugly style ones be discused.

*die* - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  10. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz New Jack

jimmyjazz - Replied Jan 24, 2002

nevermind.

jimmyjazz - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jan 24, 2002

ghosts style might be ugly to you, but when i first started, ghost was one of my favorite writers. his letters were simple, but packed with such style, they were bursting at the seams. you might not see it, but that doesnt mean you get to judge for the rest of us. personaly, cope's pieces bore the fuck out of me. as do loomits, as a matter of fact, so do sabers, although i would hardly call him a king anyway. id rather look at ghost and five all day long.

another thing thats important here, is who receives the title of king. perhaps its just me, but as far as im concerned, it takes alot more than just 5 years of steady painting to be a 'king.' in my opinion, there isnt a single 'king' that has started in the last 15 years... kings were from a time before ours. which doesnt mean there arent some incredible writers to come out, but its a different world now a days.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. miz303

miz303 Banned

miz303 - Replied Jan 24, 2002

...no disrespect but are you talking about how he fills in and who do you think is hot if cope bores you besides ghost?

miz303 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  13. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

blood as ink - Replied Jan 24, 2002

ghost is rad..he does some weird stuff...but it's original.

but then again so is saber and i can't stand his style..i'll give him his "props" and whatnot but that's just my opinion.
    people have different tastes that's all.

14. mud_buddha

mud_buddha 12oz Senior Member

mud_buddha - Replied Jan 24, 2002

I don't know, call me crazy, but I think at least two of those guys would laugh at you for days for saying that they had "tight" styles and ghost doesn't.

mud_buddha - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. mud_buddha

mud_buddha 12oz Senior Member

mud_buddha - Replied Jan 24, 2002

Actually, since you say REAS and ESPO have "tight" styles... I'm curious, how much of GHOST's stuff have you actually seen?

mud_buddha - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: