Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

VROOM-VROOM!!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by RumPuncher, May 22, 2006.

1. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

I just spent Saturday and Sunday riding a dirtbike around a parking lot....
    AND NOW I HAVE MY MOTORCYCLE LICENCE!!!

A co-worker and I went to get our learners permits at the same time and we
    booked this training / testing weekend together. Too bad he didn't pass the test.
    But I did... and I got the cute punky girl's phonenumber. Great weekend all around!
    (plus in canada it's a three day weekend... so I'm not working to day either. yay!)

2. Yea..head trauma here you come.

3. El Mamerro

El Mamerro Dirty Dozen Crew

Word the fuck up. Congrats!!!

So when's the big purchase?

4. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

you are a motherfucker.

good job on getting the number and not working today.

p.s.- go back to bed. what are you doing up this early on your day off?

5. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

I wake up early so that my afternoon nap caries more weight. We're all about nap-time.

SO get this little tidbit, the cute girl who's number I got has one of these for sale:
    [​IMG]
    And she's selling it for 5 grand (canadian bucks - it's a great price).
    I'm not realy into the cruisers, but I'm still going to call her to go and see it.

I'm thinking that in the next month, once the ink on the licence dries, I'll be in the market.

6. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

That is not that great of a price even if its canadian. You can find a newer street bike (mid 90's) for $2000 american with decent miles and in great shape.

7. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

alright. thats valid.

8. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

The bike she's got for sale is a 2004 with less than 5000 miles on it.
    I've been looking at used bike prices for months now and I know it's
    a good price for what she's selling. Especially because it's hardly been used.
    Buying a mid-90's sportbike is a big risk, unless you can get full service records.

9. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

Wow didn't think that was a 2004 sorry dude its a good deal with those kinda miles.

I just got a 86 gs550es that sat for 5 years no service records or anything went through it myself runs like achamp. You really need to be a little handy when you buy a bike because anything you need to do to maintain it can be done yourself.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  10. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

I should have mentioned the year and miles before.

The deal is that her ex has a huge Vulcan (like 1300cc or somehting) and she got this 'little'
    bike to ride with him, but they split up and she's not really comfortable on a cruiser. The guy
    I did the class with wants a cruiser, so I might pass the lead his way. I'm more into a standard.

11. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

Will she let you ride her before you buy it?

12. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

13. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

I am saving up for a newer suzuki SV650S its not too aggressive. your not hunched over like all the sport bikes.

14. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

^ that is a really nice bike. I dont really dig the older models with the rounded frames,
    but the ones in the last few years with the more angular frames are really nice.

this year's FZ6 is really nice looking too.
    [​IMG]

15. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

you should get one of these:

[​IMG]