Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

voyage

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by why write?, Jul 5, 2004.

1. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

Im going on a mission. im going on a trip by myself to a random place where i dont know, with only 40 dollars and no place to sleep when i get there, what do you think i should bring?

2. bEka

bEka Junior Member

more than 40 dollars

3. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

sleepingbag.tent.toothbrush.toothpaste.mouthwash.goldbond.food.drink.strongdrink.books.someoneelse.

bold = if there wont be showers involved this stuff will make you feel nice and fresh in the genital area.

4. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

did you just get finished reading "on the road?"

5. why write?

^ nah i didnt, but should i?

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

how will you decide where to go?

7. why write?

well i have a little plan in my head of where to go, but im not exactly sure yet....

8. GamblersGrin

most definitely.

9. why write?

who is that book by?

10. GamblersGrin

jack kerouac

edit: another great book about hittin the road is a lesser known one called, "blue highways" by william least-heat moon (yes, thats his real name). he loses his, i think he was a college proffessor, job and his wife leaves him on the same day. he decides fuck and by some old map just hits and sticks to the back roads of america. blue highways were what they were referred too before interstates and the like began a bit of domestic terrorism on the american landscape. the pictures of the people of forgotten towns he meets are top notch.

11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

I think blue highways has been mentioned on here before.

12. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

Give a little more information. You talking a road trip in your car or just tossing on a backpack and seeing how far your feet can take you?

You could just pack up all the shit boxcars mentioned, jump on a train, go to sleep, and try to find out where you are and how you can make it home after waking up where ever the train took you.

13. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

a genie lamp
    and three wishes

14. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

i would be so down to do some squatter hippy hitch hike train hopping mission except for the fact i like to fuck girls and party. its hard to not fuck nasty hairy aids heroin bitches if your scuzzy like that. i travel by plane and spend my money on drugs and girls. just as enlightening

15. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member