VORDUL GETS BEAT UP OVER E-BEEF

WEAK NIGGUH

THIS IS KINDA OLD. ITS FROM 2003

....His whole demeanor changes as he recounts an ambush at a recent show that left his partner Vordul with a sprained ankle and a wired jaw. Shit was hardly sweet then nor is it sweet for this duo now.

After a Cannibal Ox performance at the Cooler,, a small underground club in NYC’s meatpacking district, Vordul and Vast had gravitated to separate parts of the club to chill and soak up the atmosphere. Unbeknownst to them, danger would come in the form of a young man who described himself as “6’9” and all muscle” in the internet chat room where the beef started. The assailant waited until Vordul was alone and on his way to the men’s room, and then attacked him from behind, pummeling the unsuspecting and much smaller Vordul. By the time Vast and his crew realized what had happened, the assailant was already making his escape. The club’s security was more concerned with restraining Vast than with capturing the one responsible for the mayhem. Although Vordul’s mother pressed charges and the person who did it was apprehended, Vast makes it clear that this is far from over: “He can’t show his face again at any of our shows. He can’t even come on the block without havin’ armies send him to God. Because he attacked a peaceful man. He attacked a man that is loved by many, mainly me. I’m a peaceful dude, but you don’t want me on ya bad side… You just don’t want that…’Cause I’ma think about slavery when I’m dealin’ wit you. I’ma think about Giuliani when I’m dealin’ wit’ you. I’ma think about my mom getting’ beat when I deal wit you. So, you don’t want me on ya bad side.” If only one thing is clear, it is that this kid fucked up for real.

It’s ironic that a crew known for their fascination with sci-fi and technology, as well as for their raw depictions of street life, would get into beed on the ‘Net and have it escalate into real life drama, all over nothing more than musical tastes. Vordul’s opening on “Iron Galaxy” seems to be more than appropriate in this case: “Life’s ill/ sometimes life might kill.” Vast reiterates that he and his fam are peaceful men, contrary to how his statements might sound, but they are men who will bring war when warranted. Peace is the absence of confusion and, even through all the trials, tribulations, and the newfound accolades and fame, peace is all Cannibal Ox wants. In Vast’s words, “I’m a musician man. I just wanna chill and create until I die.” Word.

LINK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived